mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Any closeouts or great sales on Mojo HD complete or frames?

Would love to build a Mojo 650. That would be a dream bike, but I'm very poor?

Anyone know any great deals out there?

mtbr member
    dont think you will find great deal on mojos. they dont go on sale really. when i was building mine i looked everywhere and best price i could get was from bikeco. i think back then hd frame was $2499 and i bought it from them for $2250.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    I picked up my Mojo HD frame the first of this year from Cambria bike. They had a 10% off sale and the coupon worked for the Mojo. You might keep an eye out for this kind of deal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    if you're 'very poor' as you mentioned, I would not got for the latest/greatest... even used the Mojo HD sells for a pretty penny (such an amazing bike). What I would do is the SL special blend at $2750 MSP and look for a 10% off discount - can't beat that for a complete carbon bike. You might even be able to run 650 on it (don't know look around those forum).

Funny as I type this mtbr ad has Jenson selling the SL frame at $2150 but complete bike at $2750 (neither are on sale) - $600 difference makes no sense to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    can't do 650 on an sl withourt limiting the rear travel. HD is good to go out of the box

mtbr member
    I would look for craigslist deals, pinkbike and just scour the internet as best you can. Use the "Search all of craigslist" site, this will give you a big search. But I would stay away from the 650b idea. The HD was not built with 27.5 in mind.

mtbr member
    double post

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The HD may not have been 'designed' around 650b but there are enough folks riding 650b'd HDs and raving about the benefits that it's certainly worth consideration. I just converted my HD to 650b (had to shim my shock) but unfortunately the snowy forecast won't let me get out to give it a proper test until after the holidays.

I was in the same boat as the OP, definitely not enough $ in the bank for a new HD so I went the Pinkbike route and found a lightly used 2012 HD140 with brand new 2013 X9 kit for $2800. While I would've loved to purchase new from a store, it just wasn't in the cards and I was set on an HD...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    HD is good to go for 650b out of the box only in 140 mode. in 160 you need to shim travel a bit but will not really notice much difference. shimming shock travel is matter of minutes. and yeah, dont stay away from the idea, 650B rides great.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The HD Special Blend is as close to a deal as you are going to get Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend Complete Bike | Backcountry.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ^so close but still out of my price range. Oh well, a guy can dream

ohhman
    Have a few on holiday discount. HD's

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Wrench Science: Custom Bicycle Builder Online - Road, Mountain, Cyclocross, Track Parts is having a sale with 15% off everything.
    You may get lucky there.

Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Would love to build a Mojo 650. That would be a dream bike, but I'm very poor?

Anyone know any great deals out there?
    PM Sent