mtbr member
    Sep 2007

another headset q?

trying to figure out tall or short headset. i have to order one and i am not sure. my new mojo with the 140mm fork is a toatally going to be a fifferent ride for me. i know it is a trial and error any sugg.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Short gives you more options. You can always add spacers, but you can't usually make a tall headset shorter.

The Cane Creek Solos IS comes with both short and tall tops in the box.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanfitz
    trying to figure out tall or short headset. i have to order one and i am not sure. my new mojo with the 140mm fork is a toatally going to be a fifferent ride for me. i know it is a trial and error any sugg.
    Well, from past experience I try not to cut the steerer to short as it makes transferring or seeling the fork difficult.
    keeping that in mind I the long will provide about the right amount of height below the stem, and then a few spacers above..

Grams Light Bikes
    I like using the taller one myself, but it is personal preference. I like to sit a bit higher for steep technical downs, much easier to alter the body English for going up then to feel like the bike is dropping out from under you when going down the steeps.

I have the Solo IS with a tall and a couple of short spacers. The difference is the tall is 16mm and the short is 7.64mm
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    tx. i think i am going with the 110 tall

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanfitz
    tx. i think i am going with the 110 tall
    On Feb 26th Cane Creek adviced me, that 110 IS (red) are available in about 60 days, so I've bought red Solos.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Pastajet, what stem is it?