mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Am I screwed? Mojo SL rear dropout question

Well I broke off the rear derailleur yesterday on my SL...not sure if all I broke was the hanger or part of the dropout. Any info/help would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I screwed? Mojo SL rear dropout question-img_3764.jpg  

Am I screwed? Mojo SL rear dropout question-img_5396.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Easy Fix

It is ment to break to save the main part of the dropout. Use an allen key to remove the broken section and buy a new part from ibis. Buy 2 and carry a spare when you ride.

http://store.ibiscycles.com/ibis-mou...anger-p28.aspx

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d3toid View Post
    It is ment to break to save the main part of the dropout. Use an allen key to remove the broken section and buy a new part from ibis. Buy 2 and carry a spare when you ride.

http://store.ibiscycles.com/ibis-mou...anger-p28.aspx
    I understand that the hanger is replaceable..I guess my question was more about the dropout as it looks kinda effed up. I circled the part in question. Thanks for the reply!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I screwed? Mojo SL rear dropout question-img_5396.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    It is pretty hard to see if there is anything wrong with the carbon dropout in that photo. Is there evidence of a crack? Then you might have a problem. If you remove the hanger and clean the dropout it might be easier to tell. Your best bet is to send a photo to ibis.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Good call. I was being lazy and hoping Hans would see this but I think sending a pic would get a quiker response. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I received an email and PM from some of the guys from ibis stating that things looked ok. So Thanks to Scott and Todd at ibis for taking care of me... Much appreciated fellers!