mtbr member
    Nov 2005

All Mountain Mojo

What's up fellas heres are some photos of my new ride. I have been putting her through some test and she has A's them all. Notice the 36 Talas in the 100mm position, it's a must for climbing steep terrain. 160mm for the way back down!!!!

Here's a small video clip I made, my first so it's kinda amateur. Just click on it so you could view it.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=7eb34599.pbr

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    very sweet!

mtbr member
    Looks nice, I can't wait to be riding in shorts again,,,,

mtbr member
    That was cool.I liked the video clip,it makes me want to ride my mtb bike,been wet in Santa Cruz.Doing road rides on my Ibis Silk.Iam still waiting to put my SL together Iam doing a weight weenie build.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Watch out for the WW build on the SL, this bike will float away, its not natural, it feels so crazy having enduro travel with road bike weight.

Trail Rider

Nice setup

I'm going to go with a 36 Talas also, replacing my 32 Talas. Also the DHX air is going to be my first upgrade. What's your BB height? Is that Mission Trails?
    It looks familiar.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    I'm going to go with a 36 Talas also, replacing my 32 Talas. Also the DHX air is going to be my first upgrade. What's your BB height? Is that Mission Trails?
    It looks familiar.
    Great set up, I am so tempted to go Talas 36 (and RP23 PUSHED that is enough for me).

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quattro

That's Cowles Mountain also known as baby Noble. I was getting lot's of pedal smack on this trail. I measured the BB on my ride and at the100mm setting is at 12in at 160mm it's at 13in. The Mojo BB is lower than other trail bikes but maybe thatís what makes it so stable, you quickly learn to anticipate the next trail obstacle and how to half pedal in order to avoid contact.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo1034
    Quattro

That's Cowles Mountain also known as baby Noble. I was getting lot's of pedal smack on this trail. I measured the BB on my ride and at the100mm setting is at 12in at 160mm it's at 13in. The Mojo BB is lower than other trail bikes but maybe thatís what makes it so stable, you quickly learn to anticipate the next trail obstacle and how to half pedal in order to avoid contact.

That is what I have found with my Mojo as well. I swear it has made me a much better rider as now I really ride the trail instead of just plowing over it until I came to a crunching stop. It is such a good technical pedaling bike that it almost teaches you when to ratchet pedal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I was really impressed with it's slow speed handling up technical terrain. I have rode this trail many times before, this was my first with my new ride and I was able to clean the whole mountain for the first time.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Very nice setup gonzo,
    Any chance you San Diego gentlemen feel like hosting an OC boy on a Mojo after the rains for a ride. I have been confined to so few parks in the OC after the fires that a San Diego trip is calling. So what do you say maybe a 12th or 13th morning ride at a great SD spot??? Coffee is on me after the ride. PM me if you think you can. SORRY FOR THE HIJACK
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Ariolimax columbianus
    looks sweet, sick build, and light too. whats it weigh? how's the dhx air? I had a lyrik coil on my mojo (not sl) and it felt a little heavy. sick on the steeper downs though, I liked the slacker head tube angle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    She's a tad over 27 lbs. Here's a quick run down of my build:

Medium Mojo SL/w DHX 5.0
    2008 Fox 36 Talas RC2
    Wheels Mavic 819/Chris King Hubs
    Formula Puro brakes 180/160 comb
    XTR everything including Carbon Shadow RD
    Pedals Time ATAC carbon
    100mm Ibis stem
    Easton ec90 carbon seat post
    Easton ec70 monkey lite carbon handle bar
    Fizik aliante saddle
    Kenda Nevegal 2.1 UST tires

Trail Rider

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo1034
    Quattro

I thought I recognized that climb. Should be a bit more challenging after this rain. With my Talas 32, I'm at 12.75 in. so a 1/4 of an in. will help some.(lower than the specs state) I'm getting used to the half pedaling a lot.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Medium Mojo SL

Hi Gonzo,

Nice bike. What's your height ( as to your medium Mojo SL)? Thanks again.

Akazan

TranceX Rider
    Awesome, gonzo! Nice riding!!! Can't wait to build & ride mine!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?