Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

All Ibis Mojo SL (Super Light) Bike Builds Here!

504K views 1K replies 311 participants last post by  Liquidmantis 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered my Mojo SL In Feb from Stif Bikes UK, will hopefully arrive in April 2008.
Anybody have there's from the first shipment? Please post your mojo pics here.

Thanks All :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Mojo Super Light
Here's my build!!

XT Kit Full XT / Easton Carb/ Fox Float RLC 140

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Headset: Cane Creek IS2 1-1/8”
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT
Brakes: Shimano Deore XT
Shift Levers: Shimano Deore XT
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT
Chain: Shimano CN-HG93
Handlebar: Easton MonkeyLite XC CNT
Stem: Ibis 3D Forged Ibis
Saddle: fi’zi:k Aliante
Seat Post: Easton EC90 Zero CNT
Wheels: Easton XC-1
Tires: Kenda Nevegal DTC 26 x 2.1”
Fork: 2008 Fox Float RLC
Shock: DT SDD Carbon

#3 ·
Mojo SL from Stiff.

Matt, you ordered you SL about same time as me, have you heard confirmation from Stiff re delivery , they could'nt be specific for April or May with me.?:madman:
My build is going to be;
Mojo SL with DT swiss carbon shock
DT swiss EXC 150mm bolt through Fork
SRAM XO shifters and rear mech
XTR cranks and front mech
Formula ORO K18 brakes
Thomson Elite post and X4 90mm stem
FSA carbon OS bar.
Fizik Gobi Saddle
Specialized Roval Controlee Wheels.
Conti Vertical Pro Tyres 2.3
Everything waiting for forks and frame to arrive, will post the pics and weight soon I hope :???:

#4 ·
Been riding it since December...

XTR wheels
XTR shadow rear der.
XT shifters, brakes, cranks
Fox Float RP23 rear shock
Fox Float RLC fork
Monkey light bars
Easton Post
Maxxis Ignitor UST tires (2.3 front, 2.1 rear)
Ibis Stem
Time pedals

Will be getting an auto-drop seat post as my first alteration. Can't really think of anything else to change/add. Any suggestions? :D

After 50 hours in the saddle so far I will say that this is the best mountain bike I've have ever ridden, and by far the most fun of my quiver (my other rigs have become quite neglected lately). I always return home after riding this thing with a grin from ear to ear.

Attachments

#5 ·
Bigsalmondoc, e-mailed stif a few days ago still expected around april (hopefully not May!) doh! waiting sucks as my other ride is down due broken shifter. Plantdude ur mojo is sweet looks like a large (which is the size i've ordered i'm 5'9 though judging by the height of ur seat you're probably around about 6"?) would have got a med but i'm having a 90mm stem so didn't want to be too cramped.

One of the maverick seatposts would be great how's the xt brakes? thinking about some Hope mono mini pro's if I don't get on with them, more carbon love! Hey those DT EXC 150 are one of my future upgrades.

On the pedal front thinking along the lines of Crank Bros Mallet Two or Shimano M 647, and DMR V12 Mags. Any other suggestions welcome. Well until i've saved some more folding, i'll be using my VP 1 spd's & DMR V8.

L8rs Mojo Lovers everywhere!

#6 ·
Mines, winging it's way to the UK as I sit here ;)

Build:

XTR gears
XT Shifters
Formula Puro's
Stans Arch/Pro II's - Sapim Race
Pike Airs (For now, will wait to see if DT 150TA's are reliable) may try Lyriks off my Nomad :)
Thomson post/stem

Tyres - dependant on conditions and riding.

Should have it built by next weekend ready for trip to Wales ;)

Pics when done.

#8 ·
Friend of mine has a shop in the States, I was going to collect it and do some riding but with the uncetainty over delivery dates I decided to get him to air freight it. Hopefully it's in the UK about now :)

#11 ·
cyclelife said:
Friend of mine has a shop in the States, I was going to collect it and do some riding but with the uncetainty over delivery dates I decided to get him to air freight it. Hopefully it's in the UK about now :)
I hope its not going through Terminal 5!! Only joking, look forward to the pics:thumbsup:

#12 ·
GBR1 said:
I hope its not going through Terminal 5!! Only joking, look forward to the pics:thumbsup:
Don't even go there:nono: :nono:

That sort of thing remnds me to keep cycling everywhere, anyway I hate being out of control when it comes to travelling :skep:

Keeping an eye on my tracking number, which is obviously not updated regulary:madman:

Patience I hear you call:D

#13 ·
New Mojo SL hits the trail

just got the bike finished and out for it's first ride.
wow.
coming of a nude carbon mojo with rp23 built a little heavier...the SL has the DT shock...it's been a long time since I rode a bike without a Fox rear shock (and a platform damper)...so itll take a while to get used to the purely linear spring rate. overall, the bike, as set up, really rocks. light, fast, reliable
I didn't optimize for weight, obvious when you see the build, but it's right at 25 lbs...and fast, fast, fast. for reference, I'm 160-165lbs-ish, ride up everything I ride down and live in the santa cruz mountains in northern california. this a ride-all-day build.

- mojo sl with dt swiss - and the red links because they're slightly faster than blue (and waaaay faster than silver)
- fox float 130 xtt (yes, 130mm. I set it with nearly very little sag. and because it doesn't 'dive' under braking, the the effective head tube angle stays nice and neutral) - I switch between this fork and a vanilla 140mm
- dave's speed dream wheels - kings on stan's 355 rims
- conti vertical pro, tubed version, with tubes
- jones bar - best thing I've done for my bikes in a long time
- thompson x4 stem and elite post
- xtr crankset ( I skipped 960 series xtr...was a 952 hold out for a long time...I like th eway these work)
- xtr cassette, chain
- xtr dual control levers and hydro brakes (8" front / 6" rear)- new to me...not sold yet but very likeable
- wtb something something saddle...forget the name...I like all wtb saddles
- goofy cane creek IS headset - I like cane creek a lot, I don't like IS. give me a chris king headset option please
- XTR rapid ride rear dr and xtr front der
- time atac xs ti pedals

This bike is such a great medium between my original mojo and the scott spark...now both of those frames are for sale. with this bike, I see no need to have another duallie.
(the closest I've ridden to the quality of ride of these mojo's is the vpp...the dw is just better..I've owned and ridden lots, if not all, the major contenders for 'best bike' in the category...the mojo is my pick)

the only thing I'm currently considering changing is going to a 650b front wheel.

the rest of my stable is:
- rocklobster custom steel ss with cannondale headshock
- kish ti ss rigid with pace carbon fork
- bonty race lite (last of the sc built bikes)
- ventana el conquistador tandem
- surly big dummy 'longtail'
- schwinn beach cruiser

the last pic attached is of my son holding it up so I could get a pic on the trail...he's 9, riding a scott spark that we have built around 21.5lbs (4.25" travel front and rear, 26" wheels, discs, etc)...there is absolutely NOTHING like having kids that love to ride...unfortunately, I'm a little sore from yesterday's ride and he's not. I'm old.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
My new ride

Finished this up last weekend...A couple of guys helped me with this..A big Thanks to Larry at Mountain high Cyclery for putting it together and The big D...Darren at PUSH inds. It's not light at 27.8 but I'll work on replacing some things...

Attachments

#15 ·
Very Nice

Looking good Dan and Riderup- riderup I have been leaning toward the Fox rear shock because like you I have always ridden one- what is the DT Swiss Carbon like- is it as firm as the RP23? Any other impressions on the Swiss- must say it looks great with the frame.

Riderup - my shop currently has the Clear Coat Carbon Standard Mojo- do you advise I wait for the matte SL?? I hope my Son will enjoy riding with me once he is older-that truly is a blessing.:) Thanks.

#18 ·
OMG...that is one sexy looking bike and I love the parts choice - minus the seat, but thats a personal pref. But, is your rotor facing the right direction...?

dancruz said:
Finished this up last weekend...A couple of guys helped me with this..A big Thanks to Larry at Mountain high Cyclery for putting it together and The big D...Darren at PUSH inds. It's not light at 27.8 but I'll work on replacing some things...

#23 ·
Current setup:
- Frame IBIS Mojo carbon SL, Large, matte clear..............2 389,0
- PACE XC41 Fighter, 2006.............................................1 591,2
- seatpost New Ultimate 31.6 x 350, alu black.....................141,0
- saddle Fizik Gobi red/black, Ti.........................................251,0
- mixed headset, Hope + Cane Creek Solos IS......................79,4
- spacers (estimated weight)................................................20,0
- HOPE Mono M4, 180mm.................................................420,8
- HOPE Mono M4, 160mm.................................................364,6
- cranks Middleburn RS-3, JIS, 175mm, 44/32/20.................647,4
- BB Token TK886CM-68x113, Cr-Mo, Al cups, carbon.........220,0
- pedals Time Atac XS Ti Carbon.........................................288,8
- SRAM X.0 medium cage, 2004, KCNC pulleys...................196,1
- Shimano XTR FD-M971 bottom swing, TP/DP, tuned, Ti......136,0
- SRAM ESP 9.0, shorty 2001, 3 spd...................................101,7
- SRAM ESP 9.0, shorty 2001, 9 spd...................................101,6
- Nokon bowdens, front + rear................................................72,3
- SRAM PC-59 chain...........................................................275,4
- Syntace VRO Bar Carbon, 630mm, 12°..............................135,0
- Syntace CRB Plugs.............................................................8,0
- Syntace VRO T-Stem, S size, 6°, X-Ray 254 clamps...........204,0
- Lizard Skins Logo shorty, 90mm, lock-on, Ti bolts.................90,7
- front wheel DT Swiss 240s, XC717 disc, Sapim CX Ray........718,3
- rear wheel DT Swiss 240s, XC717 disc, Sapim CX Ray.........834,3
- casette Shimano 2007 XTR CS-M970, 11-32, Ti/steel............222,5
- DT Swiss RWS Alu 9x100mm front skewer............................51,5
- DT Swiss RWS Alu 10x135mm rear skewer...........................65,7
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic 26 x 2.25", 3compound, folded.............605,5
- Schwalbe tube SV 14, 26x1.5/2.30......................................122,2

Total: ca. 11.2 kg

Further upgrades (in short time):
- USE Atom riser bar 31.8mm, 660mm, 10°, trimmed to 640....160,0
- New Ultimate stem (or Rotor S1), 90mm...............................104,0
(??? Schwalbe Racing Ralph 26 x 2.1", folded.........................460,0)
going tubeless........................................................................-84g

Total: ca. 10.75 kg

Long term upgrades:
- cranks THM Clavicula, carbon, 44/32/22.................................570,0
(??? pedals LOOK Quartz Carbon Ti........................................198,0)
(???- NoTubes ZTR 355, 360g/rim.............................................-80,0 compared to current wheelset)

Total: ca. 10.36 kg

#25 ·
I've ordered my size XL Mojo SL frame in the beginning of January and hopefully I will receive it in the near future.

Meanwhile two large shipments of parts arrived today from Germany and I weighed most of the parts today.

Part/Name/Weight
Frame Ibis Mojo SL 2235 **
Rear shock DT Swiss XR Carbon 200*50 mm 165 **
Fork Fox 32 Talas RLC 140 mm 1862
Wheel front Mavic Crossmax ST Disc 864
Wheel rear Mavic Crossmax ST Disc 979
Tyre front Continental Mountain King 2.4 UST 724
Tyre rear Continental Mountain King 2.4 UST 698
Brake front Magura Marta SL Postmount 180 mm Red 390
Brake rear Magura Marta SL IS 160 mm Red 359
Gear shifter Shimano XT SL-M770 287
Front derailleur Shimano XT FD-M771 (34,9) 167
Rear derailleur Shimano XTR RD-M972 GS Shadow Med cage 180
Crankset Shimano XTR FC-M 970 175 mm 795
Chains Shimano XTR CN-7701 281
Cassette Shimano XT CS-M770 11-32 261
Handlebar Syntace Vector Lowrider Carbon 189
Headset Cane Creek Solos 1-1/8" IS Red 72 **
Stem Syntace VRO M 6deg 214
Grips Bontrager Race X Lite 26 **
Saddle Selle Italia SLR XC 179
Seatpost Syntace P6 400*31,6 mm 230
Pedals Crank Brothers Egg Beater SL 264
Cable covers 70
Spacers etc. 40 **
Total 11531

** = I don't have the part yet and the weight is an estimate (based on manufacturer weights etc.). At the moment I don't have the headset, the grips and the spacers and of course frame/shock is missing also.

I have estimated the frame/shock weight as 2400 g but hopefully it will be slightly lighter.

The weights of the Continental Mountain King 2.4" UST tyres was a nice surprise since other tyre weighed 724 g and the other 698 g.

It seems like the total weight incl. pedals will be close to 11,5 kg.

At first I will be using my old Syntace VRO adjustable stem but once the seating position is dialled in I'm planning to change it to Syntace F99 and lose more than 100 g.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.