mtbr member

agggg Miffed... my SL does not like 650b

Ok, so today i took my SL to be tested for 650b wheels...

the wheel fits.... but there is such little clearance on the back that any mud i ride into will get instantly jammed.......had about 10 mm ... and only running a 2.0 tire... (i do not want to run anything smaller

So seems i need to save and get rid of the mojo... which is not to bad ...

Since I learned today that PYGA and Morewood are releasing 650b Versions of there PYGA110 (will now have 120) and Shova (120mm) respectably....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails agggg Miffed... my SL does not like 650b-morewood650b-proto.jpg  

mtbr member
    I don't see how that frame design is a replacement for a Mojo
    suspension design matters.

The 650b wheels arrive for my HD today. Looking fwd to Sunday.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

www.derbyrims.com
    Sticky layer-cake mud pack around the tires in some areas will also jam a 26 inch wheeled bike in a few revolutions too. Such as SoCal mud in some areas I've ridden.

I rode my old Mojo C, having the same stay clearance as the SL, with 2.3 x 650b Neo-moto tires for 3 years in muddy conditions in NorCal foothills, the Sierra, and Utah sandy mud with no problems any different than using 26 inch wheels. These places have mud that very rarely will stick and layer above the well spaced Neo-moto knobs.

But having experience riding mud a couple times in SoCal previously on 26 inch wheels, I know there is no tire that sheds the mud when crossing some areas there where the powdery dust and soft dirt turns to very sticky mud that rolls layers inches thick above the knobs. I had to carry my bike out of those areas and clean the tires off before the wheel would turn again.