mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Adventure Racing the Mojo

The EMS/Jeep Adventure Race series wrapped up in Ringwood New Jersey this past weekend. (Yes, believe it or not, New Jersey has some beautiful places to ride). After getting my @ss kicked on the navigation/trail run/kayaking legs, it was time for the mountain bike. I made up some serious time, due in large part to the mojo. Terrain was rocky and slick. Having a light, efficient, full-suspension ride was an absolute must.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Was that your first muddy ride/race on the Mojo?

How long you beeing doing adventure races? I'm getting into Xterra next year, maybe.
    The navigation of your series would kill me! I'd get fed up and throw compasses. How do they keep people from stealing someone elses bike?

"Hmmmm.....my 1987 Giant Yukon, or that black Ibis on the end of the rack... no one's looking...."
    Last edited by danK; 10-20-2006 at 07:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Dan,
    Go for it. AR is an absolute blast. A lot of strategy involved and the various disciplines even out the playing field. The teamwork aspect is great. I've done a lot of 24 hour mountain bike races and they're great. BUT you ride alone. AR forces you to work together as a team.
    Funny you should ask about 'borrowing' bikes. Race officials watch the transition area, but you are right, very ease to take someone else's ride. I'm a trusting guy. It will be a sad day when fellow mountain bikers are stealing each other's bikes!