Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Is ACC running a prototype?

ACC posted a pic on instagram today of a bike that could possibly be the replacement for the current mojo/HDR. At least it doesn't match any of the current Ibis FS frames

So, is this the new HDR?

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    I don't do instagram, but I follow her on Facebook. This picture clearly differs in style from the rather simple shots she usually posts. Coincidence?

mtbr member

Good eye! Looks like it might have the same type of link driving the shock as a Ripley...hard to tell w the mud. Definitely a Mojo-ish X front tri though, and dropper routing below or through the TT.

Lightly salted
    Hmm, Looks like something new to me! Hard to see because of mud, but looks like a HD style front with a Ripley style rear end. I think I can almost see where the shock clevis connects to the seat stays just like the Ripley.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Hmm, Looks like something new to me! Hard to see because of mud, but looks like a HD style front with a Ripley style rear end. I think I can almost see where the shock clevis connects to the seat stays just like the Ripley.....
    Yeah, exactly.

Dissolved member
    Hmm this is something new, and look at that fork. Can that be 170mm of travel? Or even 180?

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I think it's closer to 150mm, maybe the new deville AM 150. My guess is that this bike will come in somewhere between the HD and the mojo. Maybe 150mm travel with 650b, and 67 HA with a 150mm fork. And of course the possibility to run up to 170mm Fox 36.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    it is definately a new frame. and where is the rear brake line running? looks like internal through the top tube and then down to the bottom of the rear triangle (next to the dropper cable coming from the down tube then up to the seat post).

Singletrack Addict!!!
    aghhhh the wait.....
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eld View Post
    I think it's closer to 150mm, maybe the new deville AM 150. My guess is that this bike will come in somewhere between the HD and the mojo. Maybe 150mm travel with 650b, and 67 HA with a 150mm fork. And of course the possibility to run up to 170mm Fox 36.
    I hope you are right. But the fork looks longer than 150mm to me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    ... light at the end of the tunnel!

mtbr member
    Yep looks more like 160-170 to me as well. I had heard rumors we were going to be seeing spy shots soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    A Nomad/Mach 6 competitor would make a lot of sense.

If they were able to do the Ripley hidden eccentric with that much travel and better cable routing, I think we'll have a winner on our hands.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yup, you are right, thats a link.

mtbr member

Yeah, I tried to get just a vague confirmation of the rumors, and they did a good job of convincing me that the tranny was the big news for this year. Crafty
    Can't wait to see more of it!

Is that a lower link rear pivot visible just behind the crank arm? Looks more like a link than an eccentric to me.
    Last edited by doismellbacon; 07-29-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Sv: Is ACC running a prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Yeah, I tried to get just a vague confirmation of the rumors, and they did a good job of convincing me that the tranny was the big news for this year. Crafty
    Can't wait to see more of it!
    Don't worry, SP, we're still on like donkey kong.

Is that a lower link rear pivot visible just behind the crank arm? Looks more like a link than an eccentric to me.
    I agree, I also remember Scott saying that you can't make longer travel bikes with the eccentrics, since they only give a limited amount of movement. I'm still hoping for a 150mm 650b with up to 170mm fork. Short stays are on the wishlist to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Eld View Post
    I agree, I also remember Scott saying that you can't make longer travel bikes with the eccentrics, since they only give a limited amount of movement. I'm still hoping for a 150mm 650b with up to 170mm fork. Short stays are on the wishlist to.
    I also think that you can't meet the stiffness requirements of an HD[R] replacement with eccentrics mounted so close to one another in the seat tube and on the swingarm. A good portion of the lateral and twisting stiffness comes from the distance between links on the HD[R] and Mojo [SL[-R]] bikes.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    ^ that to

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    This spring there were also rumors of a longer travel Ripley in the works. The back end of that frame looks more Ripley than HDR to me.

Dissolved member
    I really really don't think that is a 29" fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    With the lighting, it's hard to say but those wheels look like the Mavic enduros with the yellow rim. Those come in 26" and 27.5".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonka214 View Post
    With the lighting, it's hard to say but those wheels look like the Mavic enduros with the yellow rim. Those come in 26" and 27.5".
    They're definitely Mavic wheels of some kind, you can tell from the fat aluminum spokes and unique nipples. Mavic doesn't make 29ers with yellow rims that I'm aware of (could be prototypes?)

Interesting that the bike appears to be running a non-stealth dropper. The Ripley's eccentrics require a non-stealth dropper, while nearly all other current frames are stealth. Makes me wonder if this bike has an eccentric... I bet you could get a long-travel eccentric DW if you used 1.5" headset bearings....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    With the basic Ripley frame, maybe they have created a "Ripley HDR" with 27.5, links instead of eccentrics, and added in 35-40mm of travel?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    the front does look Mojo-like. Luckily, because that's such a beautiful design, I think it should be kept. Also, the Crossmax Enduro wheelset doesn't exist in 29, luckily. So, it should be 27,5.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    With the basic Ripley frame, maybe they have created a "Ripley HDR" with 27.5, links instead of eccentrics, and added in 35-40mm of travel?
    Doesn't the front shock mount look more Mojo than Ripley from that photo, though?

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast