Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Is ACC running a prototype?

ACC posted a pic on instagram today of a bike that could possibly be the replacement for the current mojo/HDR. At least it doesn't match any of the current Ibis FS frames

So, is this the new HDR?

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    I don't do instagram, but I follow her on Facebook. This picture clearly differs in style from the rather simple shots she usually posts. Coincidence?

mtbr member

Good eye! Looks like it might have the same type of link driving the shock as a Ripley...hard to tell w the mud. Definitely a Mojo-ish X front tri though, and dropper routing below or through the TT.

Lightly salted
    Hmm, Looks like something new to me! Hard to see because of mud, but looks like a HD style front with a Ripley style rear end. I think I can almost see where the shock clevis connects to the seat stays just like the Ripley.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Hmm, Looks like something new to me! Hard to see because of mud, but looks like a HD style front with a Ripley style rear end. I think I can almost see where the shock clevis connects to the seat stays just like the Ripley.....
    Yeah, exactly.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Hmm this is something new, and look at that fork. Can that be 170mm of travel? Or even 180?

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I think it's closer to 150mm, maybe the new deville AM 150. My guess is that this bike will come in somewhere between the HD and the mojo. Maybe 150mm travel with 650b, and 67 HA with a 150mm fork. And of course the possibility to run up to 170mm Fox 36.

mtbr member
    it is definately a new frame. and where is the rear brake line running? looks like internal through the top tube and then down to the bottom of the rear triangle (next to the dropper cable coming from the down tube then up to the seat post).

Singletrack Addict!!!
    aghhhh the wait.....
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eld View Post
    I think it's closer to 150mm, maybe the new deville AM 150. My guess is that this bike will come in somewhere between the HD and the mojo. Maybe 150mm travel with 650b, and 67 HA with a 150mm fork. And of course the possibility to run up to 170mm Fox 36.
    I hope you are right. But the fork looks longer than 150mm to me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    ... light at the end of the tunnel!

mtbr member
    Yep looks more like 160-170 to me as well. I had heard rumors we were going to be seeing spy shots soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    A Nomad/Mach 6 competitor would make a lot of sense.

If they were able to do the Ripley hidden eccentric with that much travel and better cable routing, I think we'll have a winner on our hands.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yup, you are right, thats a link.

mtbr member

Yeah, I tried to get just a vague confirmation of the rumors, and they did a good job of convincing me that the tranny was the big news for this year. Crafty
    Can't wait to see more of it!

Is that a lower link rear pivot visible just behind the crank arm? Looks more like a link than an eccentric to me.
    Last edited by doismellbacon; 07-29-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Sv: Is ACC running a prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Yeah, I tried to get just a vague confirmation of the rumors, and they did a good job of convincing me that the tranny was the big news for this year. Crafty
    Can't wait to see more of it!
    Don't worry, SP, we're still on like donkey kong.

Is that a lower link rear pivot visible just behind the crank arm? Looks more like a link than an eccentric to me.
    I agree, I also remember Scott saying that you can't make longer travel bikes with the eccentrics, since they only give a limited amount of movement. I'm still hoping for a 150mm 650b with up to 170mm fork. Short stays are on the wishlist to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I agree, I also remember Scott saying that you can't make longer travel bikes with the eccentrics, since they only give a limited amount of movement. I'm still hoping for a 150mm 650b with up to 170mm fork. Short stays are on the wishlist to.
    I also think that you can't meet the stiffness requirements of an HD[R] replacement with eccentrics mounted so close to one another in the seat tube and on the swingarm. A good portion of the lateral and twisting stiffness comes from the distance between links on the HD[R] and Mojo [SL[-R]] bikes.

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    ^ that to

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    This spring there were also rumors of a longer travel Ripley in the works. The back end of that frame looks more Ripley than HDR to me.

banned
    Feb 2012
    I really really don't think that is a 29" fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    With the lighting, it's hard to say but those wheels look like the Mavic enduros with the yellow rim. Those come in 26" and 27.5".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonka214 View Post
    With the lighting, it's hard to say but those wheels look like the Mavic enduros with the yellow rim. Those come in 26" and 27.5".
    They're definitely Mavic wheels of some kind, you can tell from the fat aluminum spokes and unique nipples. Mavic doesn't make 29ers with yellow rims that I'm aware of (could be prototypes?)

Interesting that the bike appears to be running a non-stealth dropper. The Ripley's eccentrics require a non-stealth dropper, while nearly all other current frames are stealth. Makes me wonder if this bike has an eccentric... I bet you could get a long-travel eccentric DW if you used 1.5" headset bearings....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    With the basic Ripley frame, maybe they have created a "Ripley HDR" with 27.5, links instead of eccentrics, and added in 35-40mm of travel?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    the front does look Mojo-like. Luckily, because that's such a beautiful design, I think it should be kept. Also, the Crossmax Enduro wheelset doesn't exist in 29, luckily. So, it should be 27,5.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    With the basic Ripley frame, maybe they have created a "Ripley HDR" with 27.5, links instead of eccentrics, and added in 35-40mm of travel?
    Doesn't the front shock mount look more Mojo than Ripley from that photo, though?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Seems like a Ripley shock yoke on an HDR+ swingarm and HDR+ front end. The lower link looks pretty similar to HD at that angle. At least some of the speculation of an upcoming Ripley HD was based on the yet-to-be-released 941 rims-- at the time (several months ago), the logic was 'why would 29 rims be that massive unless a Ripley HD was on the way'. But given the (now but not then obvious) broad use of 941, support for Ripley HD speculation /may be/ diminished. 650b HD+ is consistent with acc's previous ?tweet? about a WC capable Ibis frame on the way.

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    Oh, I'm excited! And curious how this will finally turn out. - Anyway, let's start to fill the piggy bank...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_rider View Post
    Seems like a Ripley shock yoke on an HDR+ swingarm and HDR+ front end. The lower link looks pretty similar to HD at that angle.
    But if it IS a Ripley-like shock yolk we're seeing, that would argue for an eccentric bike of some kind I think; same with external dropper routing. All the link-base DW bikes from Ibis and others have a direct seat stay-link-shock linkage. The clevis/yolk setup on the Ripley is needed because the eccentrics are close together and low in the frame, so you need a dedicated linkage (the yolk) to activate the shock....

banned
    Feb 2012
    Speculation is fun! Pivot Mach 6 also uses a "wrap around the seat tube shock yoke" and has no eccentrics. We just do not see enough of the frame and of the seat tube area to make a good call.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Speculation is fun! Pivot Mach 6 also uses a "wrap around the seat tube shock yoke" and has no eccentrics. We just do not see enough of the frame and of the seat tube area to make a good call.
    True! Though the M6 yolk is a thin aluminum thing that attaches to the upper link directly. Hard to tell whether the "yolk" is like that, or a hollow CF item like the Ripley. I'd be interested in a 160mm HDR+ with M6-style DW!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Looks like a longer travel BOS Deville AM fork, the new150mm also the BOS Kirk shock, sounds like a 150mm 650B bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Could also be the 160mm Deville, i just saw they have a white version so possibly 160mm HDR?

Agreed it looks like a updated Mojo HD with a touch of Ripley with a possible Pivot M6 style rear shock mount.

mtbr member
    subscribed
    friends don't let friends Fred

mtbr member
    I don't think the Ripley style clevis shock yoke has anything to do with links vs eccentrics... it's more about ditching the shock eye bushings that can hurt small bump sensitivity.... but I could be wrong.

...and for a little more rank unsupported e-pinion... I'll go out on a limb and say, No F'n way ACC is riding a 29er

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    ...and for a little more rank unsupported e-pinion... I'll go out on a limb and say, No F'n way ACC is riding a 29er
    Yeah, good point. The more I look at the pic, the more I'm thinking new 27.5 HDR. Looks burly. That said, I wonder if this could be a hacked together test mule mating a Ripley style concentric rear with a HDR front. Time will tell.

OriginalDonk
    I went out to my Pivot Mach 6 with a 160mm BOS Deville to try and get a similar angle and stir up more e-speculation. Didn't exactly nail it but pretty close.

I think that's definitely the same fork that I have (open bath Deville, not the new 150mm) on my Pivot (previously HD owner).

My money's on 150mm rear, 27.5 wheels, with a completely new name.

Either way, great to see that something's in the works.

Is ACC running a prototype?-deville.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I had read somewhere (I /think/ written by Ibis) and it seems sensible that the intent of the vertically oriented rear shock bolt is to relieve off-axis stresses within the shock which occur when the frame is flexed laterally. This arrangement forces the yoke to also pivot vertically at the RT attachment since the RT trajectory is constrained by the DW relation built into the eccentrics. I wish I could argue this aids small bump compliance while riding critically, but I still need to order a Ripley to find out.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
    I went out to my Pivot Mach 6 with a 160mm BOS Deville to try and get a similar angle and stir up more e-speculation. Didn't exactly nail it but pretty close.
    A brilliant move, thank you! I still think that the fork in the spy picture is longer than 160mm.

the refurbished one
    valentina macheda posted on FB too.
    she received a new toy from ibis and it time to wrench....
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Looks like the same frame, I think this weekend's EWS will be very exciting

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Since Dave Weagle does the suspension for Ibis and Pivot, there ist a big chance that the mechanics of the new Ibis follow the lines of the Mach 6.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_rider View Post
    I had read somewhere (I /think/ written by Ibis) and it seems sensible that the intent of the vertically oriented rear shock bolt is to relieve off-axis stresses within the shock which occur when the frame is flexed laterally. This arrangement forces the yoke to also pivot vertically at the RT attachment since the RT trajectory is constrained by the DW relation built into the eccentrics. I wish I could argue this aids small bump compliance while riding critically, but I still need to order a Ripley to find out.
    That does make sense, though I think the clevis arrangement on the Ripley is mandated by the suspension layout and eccentrics. The yolk/clevis on the Mach6 is a different beast, as it's actually attached to the upper pivot slightly behind the RT/pivot connection. I believe it's part of tuning the spring ratio of the suspension, and it seems to work as the M6 is the best-performing DW bike I've ever ridden.

bike rider
    There'll be a EWS round in Colorado at the end of July. Surely better photos will come out then and I'll get to see it up close since I practiced with ACC a lot last year.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Saving my money, hope they made another good all arounder

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    subscribed
    Ditto.

Lightly salted
    Good things come to those who wait....

mtbr member
    May 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm

While it looks a lot different from the concept they presented at trade shows, I'm confident it's still gonna blow minds.
    The 2015 Ibis Cannon. Colin was obviously an understudy of Alex Pong. Internally routing for lazers? pewpewpew!
    Name:  New Ibis_APong.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  106.6 KB

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I was going to order a Capra but will wait to see this!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    I believe it's part of tuning the spring ratio of the suspension, and it seems to work as the M6 is the best-performing DW bike I've ever ridden.
    That is a good point, the Ripley yoke/RT angle changes from ~9.5 deg (extended) to ~20.3 deg (compressed), giving about a 5.2% change in shock force gain when compressed. That gain will definitely soften up the deeper range of the shock.

mtbr member
    The DW on the Mach 6 must be a lot different in feel from the (old) Mach 4 and 5.7s. Too much platform in the 5.7 and it got hung up too easily on repeated square edged hits.

mtbr member
    It is significantly different than other Pivot bikes. Can't wait to see the coverage this weekend. Hopefully they will be on the new bikes. I also hope this is a 160+ bike and not a 150. I was told to expect the HDR replacement right around now and it is good to see they are on time.

mtbr member
    Some one posted a picture of the top half on a french forum
    Ibis Mojo- Page 683 - Velo Vert : le VTT, tout le VTT
    Maybe that will feed the e-speculation!

Is ACC running a prototype?-10525905_789886764375155_7702994380130660704_n.jpg

mtbr member

That looks like a different front triangle from the first pic.

mtbr member
    Just as I was about to Pony up for a HDR ...the timing for this is perfect...Thank you Ibis for allowing the titbits ... i would of been very upset if went and bought the bike only to find a new one around the corner ...

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Looks like the same bike to me, just that the picture is cut just above the crossbar. Cable routing for the rear brake is the same at least, and headset and stem looks the same as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Subscribed

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Team life cycles just posted some more teasers on Facebook. From the first picture Valentina posted it looks like both lower and upper links just like the HD/R and a separate link to drive shock, Ripley style.

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    And I think I can see an external BB as well on the picture of Manuel wrenching.

banned
    Feb 2012
    You mean the BB strategically placed on the bike stand pad?

Here is a link to the Life Cycle team's FB page. FB search sucketh asinine balls. https://www.facebook.com/LifeCycleTeam

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Haha, no actually I didn't even see that one at first I zoomed in on the left side crank and noticed the red cup for the BB.

mtbr member
    Looks like the same bike to me, just that the picture is cut just above the crossbar. Cable routing for the rear brake is the same at least, and headset and stem looks the same as well.
    Seriously? Look how small the opening in the front triangle appears in the first pic. The second pic looks like a more traditional diamond front tri.

ACC posted a pic on instagram today of a bike that could possibly be the replacement for the current mojo/HDR. At least it doesn't match any of the current Ibis FS frames

So, is this the new HDR?

I wish I'd been there to (among other things ) bump the camera man's elbow so we could see more of that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by drlaboole View Post
    Some one posted a picture of the top half on a french forum
    Ibis Mojo- Page 683 - Velo Vert : le VTT, tout le VTT
    Maybe that will feed the e-speculation!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10525905_789886764375155_7702994380130660704_n.jpg 
Views:	1332 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	906847
    Maybe that's her tranny for warming up and tooling around the ski village. Or maybe they actually have two new bikes in the works!

Exciting times in Ibis-land!

Lightly salted
    Just show us the bike already! I'm stressing out! Lol.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    sub'ed. Definitely wouldn't mind an upgrade to my HDR.

mtbr member
    I really wish they would release a little bit of info. I just ordered a HDR and im wondering if i should put the order on hold until some specs are released on this new bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_boy View Post
    I really wish they would release a little bit of info. I just ordered a HDR and im wondering if i should put the order on hold until some specs are released on this new bike.
    Well...keep in mind Ibis' history of releases. Even ignoring the notorious showing of the Ripley prototype years early, once the Ripley was officially launched it was several months before a full range of sizes was widely available. So I guess it depends on whether you're in a hurry.

mtbr member
    I think the days of speculation are over, they are only releasing bikes once they are available to buy. Personally I wish they would give us some hints, and then a real ship date. Don't wait till they are ready to ship. Just make sure you when you drop the bomb that the release date is realistic.

mtbr member

+1 million but I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I really hope that IBIS isn't going this direction with cable routing, I mean all their bikes have beautiful lines, to string them across the frame like that makes 0 sense

mtbr member
    I think the days of speculation are over, they are only releasing bikes once they are available to buy. Personally I wish they would give us some hints, and then a real ship date. Don't wait till they are ready to ship. Just make sure you when you drop the bomb that the release date is realistic.
    But with the Ripley, even when it did "launch" it was available in very limited numbers in size M only. They were apparently producing runs of each size one after another; my XL frame didn't ship for like 3 months after the original launch.

On the other hand, Todd from Ibis was in touch with me by email and phone on both the 4th of July and the following Sunday. That's the kind of attention you only get from a small company, and slower production is one of the prices you pay for that.

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by baltik View Post
    I really hope that IBIS isn't going this direction with cable routing, I mean all their bikes have beautiful lines, to string them across the frame like that makes 0 sense
    The prototype I saw had Tranny-style internal ports at the head tube.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Who cares how the cables run as long as it works. Would be awesome to have Nomad style internal routing but honestly routing is the last thing that matters. To me what matters is how the bike feels underneath me as I'm riding it. I'd imagine custom cable routing is labor intensive R+D. I'd rather have the bike sooner than keep waiting.

I quit e-MTBR
    Intriguing.

aka dan51
    Who cares how the cables run as long as it works. Would be awesome to have Nomad style internal routing but honestly routing is the last thing that matters. To me what matters is how the bike feels underneath me as I'm riding it. I'd imagine custom cable routing is labor intensive R+D. I'd rather have the bike sooner than keep waiting.
    Agreed, screw internal routing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Subscribed

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Subscribed
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    e-bike?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I wonder if Ibis is going to keep the front triangle the same and re-engineer the rear triangle again like they did with the hdr...

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baltik View Post
    I wonder if Ibis is going to keep the front triangle the same and re-engineer the rear triangle again like they did with the hdr...
    That is not what they did with the HDR. They changed the carbon layup process for both triangles, they both are lighter and skinnier, so the rear triangle has a hair more clearance for 650b tires than the HD. Everything else stayed pretty much the same - wheel travel, geometry, shock sizes. You cannot re-engineer just the rear triangle to get a bike with significantly different geo / more wheel travel that would be competitive with the new generation of long legged bikes (M6, Bronson/Nomad, T275, Warden, Balance, Megatrail, etc.).

mtbr member
    whoot whoot, cool thread!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Today's pic

Is ACC running a prototype?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Well, that picture completely proves me wrong!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Very careful angles to not show much.. Dang cant somebody over there poach a spy shot or two that shows the bike..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguru2007 View Post
    Very careful angles to not show much..
    Almost as if it were intentional.

mtbr member
    Don't see any internal routing in the head tube....beautiful back drop

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I just saw this on the MTBR front page. I think these bikes just have custom paint jobs, but maybe there is an Easter-egg in there somewhere.

Video: Ibis? high flying enduro team a workingman?s dream | Mountain Bike Review

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaGro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	907084
    This is a different bike than the snow pictures and looks like standard HDR stuff. The snow bike have no headbadges which looks similar to ACC's bike which has no identifying marks as an Ibis either. Also the snow bikes have a different stem and what looks like Guide brakes.

mtbr member

Snow bikes?

NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member
    They posted some pictures today from the EWS round in La Thuille with snow in the background on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/LifeCycleTeam

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    Snow bikes?
    Autocorrect stuff? Anyway, I agree with Salespunk, that looks like a HDR.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    He meant slow bikes cus Ibis bikes are slow.

mtbr member

Ahh ok there's the snow pics.

NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    Agreed, screw internal routing.
    Everybody sing along...

mtbr member
    The snow bikes look like they may have inset lower HS cups too...

Eld
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    You can clearly see the upper link on this picture. They have moved the brace between the chainstay and the seatstay further back, and internal routing Ripley style

Lightly salted
    That picture clearly shows how happy she is with the bike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Looking interesting! Nice BOS fork!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I feel like a kid on an easter egg hunt orchestrated by some very mischievous parents!
    Correct number of bikes: n+1 bikes
    Correct body weight: m-10 pounds

Hurtin'
    Jul 2005
    Seriously! The well concealed teaser shots have been a great lead up to this weekend’s race.

mtbr member
    You can clearly see the upper link on this picture. They have moved the brace between the chainstay and the seatstay further back, and internal routing Ripley style
    Hard to tell but I think internal routing is actually Tranny style, i.e. enters behind HT.

Looks like the upper link is behind the ST? Seems like this would make for a longer rear end.... very curious now!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Looks like the upper link is behind the ST? Seems like this would make for a longer rear end.... very curious now!
    That is what I thought too. Going to make it a very stable on the downhills

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast