mtbr member
    Feb 2012

650b bos deville/vipr mojo hd 160 questions

i've strayed away from the cannondale forum and discovered the wonderful world of boutique bikes, so now i've got the new bike bug and am seriously thinking about getting a mojo hd
    i've always liked to try different brands of suspension and right from the days of elastomer shocktecs and girvin flex stems i was hooked on the latest and greatest, i've tried lots of brands, manitou III, rockshox sids pikes, pace rc36, various lefty's about 6 different fox forks inc a 2011 36 float 180rc2 on my current cannondale jekyll but now i'd like to see what all the fuss is about with bos shocks
    so i'd be going for a white mojo hd with a bos vipr and a 160 tapered bos deville trc
    i'm also interested in going 650b at some point this year so i have a couple of questions about various aspects of the mojo, nobody anywhere near me (north west uk) have bos stuff to go look at so its going to be mail order for those purchases

has anybody run a deville with 650b wheels? is there enough tyre clearance for a big nobby nic/hans dampf in that 26 inch fork

if i want to keep as much of the 160mm travel as possible and still run a fat 2.4 tyre in the rear, can i shim the vipr to reduce its stroke like you would with the std fox air can ending up with about 150mm travel? is it hard to do this on the vipr? are the 160 limbo chips the ones to use?

what size and tune of vipr do i need? i think its a 216mm with a tune number 1 , do the needle bearing shock mounts fit the mojo hd? are they worth the little extra money

i've got to sell a load of nice gear inc two sets of fox 36's before i'll have the funds and for now i'll be moving my components over from the jekyll to the mojo while my bank balance recovers so i'll just be buying the frame, shock and fork, headset and front mech for now
    ive got a mix of 2012 xt/xtr hope/stans wheels, hope brakes, lev dropper so it should be a nice bike but when i have the money i'll get some kings on carbon 650b wheels and maybe the new 2014 xtr lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Look what I just got from BOS

"ATM we can modify Deville 160 to fit 650b wheels, but it will be reduce the travel at 150mm.

On other side we are working on a reel 650b forks. It will be available soon.

Regards,

Arthur Quet
    Product manager
    Bos Mtb"