mtbr member
    May 2012

5"-5"2" Height OK with Ibis Tranny Size 15" (Small)

What do you think guys, does the Ibis Tranny size 15" (small) fit me? I am only 5'-5'2" tall. Would be happy to here from guys who actually uses a size small Tranny. Thanks!

mtbr member
    What are you riding now? If it fits then you know a good TT and ST length and work off the geometry chart to figure out if it'll fit. I ride a medium so can't help on the small sizing. However with stems and seat tubes you can probably get a really good fit. Inseam is also a good measurement to know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hi
    Iam 5ft 2in and have a small tranny which is a perfect fit for me, with a 65 length stem.
    i have it set up as a single speed and are so happy with it i have orderd a new frame to run as a geared bike to replace my santa cruz blur LT carbon which feel to big for me.i also have a pivot mac 4 xxs which is also a great fit for me.
    Hard to get a great bike when you are short,

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the excellent reply, it solidifies my desire to buy Ibis Tranny, one of the best, if not the best HT carbon frame ever made. The only thing that's holding me back is its price compared to another great carbon fiber HT frame called On One 456. My latest price comparison shows Ibis Tranny (local) at US $ 1,500 vs. On One 456 Carbon at US $ 650 (total cost shipped from UK without tax and tariff here). Obviously, On One 456 Carbon frame is very tempting, not to mention I like the tapered steerer in On One as against the standard 1 1/8 in Ibis Tranny.

My last and most important question now is "why should I drop from the equation the thought or idea of buying On One carbon instead of the Ibis Tranny".

Thanks for all your replies.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Glad to see you are checking out all the bikes.
    I live in Rotorua New Zealand and the cost of the frame was $3200 NZ dollers.
    i brought the bike due to the size but would now buy one just for the handling.
    i have owned santa cruz,scott, pivot, all nice bikes but found the tranny was the best all round bike. As you can see the price over here is high for a hardtail.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post

My last and most important question now is "why should I drop from the equation the thought or idea of buying On One carbon instead of the Ibis Tranny".
    What kind of riding do you do? The 456 rails as a slack, all mountain hardtail. The Tranny is an xc bike. If you lean towards the xc side, the on-one whippet is a better comparison. I don't see the tapered steer tube as a selling point for short travel xc use on a 26 inch wheel.

I've ridden the Tranny and really like it. My son has the whippet which also rides rides great. I'm a single speeder and I travel a lot so for me the vote goes to Ibis for the slot machine feature and the ability to crack the frame in half and box it up for the plane ride.