mtbr member
    Sep 2009

2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion on sizing

Hi all,

I'm just looking for some more opinions on sizing. I am getting ready to order my Mojo HD with my tax return. I know that probably only the people from Ibis have ridden them so far, but looking for some advice from those who have at least ridden a Mojo. I did not get to even ride a regular Mojo since my LBS didn't have a demo.

I am 5'7" (170 cm) with a 28" (71 cm) inseam, weigh about 140 lb (63-64 kg) 150 lb riding weight, I guess a fairly typical asian build. My bike right now has a 23" TT, a 70mm stem, and a set-back seat post. I feel very slightly stretched out, but with a change of seat posts I would be fine. It seems a little hard to compare to that though, since it is a hardtail with a 100mm fork.

My LBS said definitely a medium. Just looking to verify what they recommended, or see if the small would fit better. Whatever size i go with, I will be running a 160mm fork, and a KS i950 seatpost that I have. I guess I should mention that I am building this up as a ~30lb lightish all-mountain build. I ride Moab, St. George, Fruita, and anywhere else in Utah, I would also like to start taking more trips to elsewhere to ride this summer.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Medium - no question.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by billy gunn
    Hi all,

I'm just looking for some more opinions on sizing. I am getting ready to order my Mojo HD with my tax return. I know that probably only the people from Ibis have ridden them so far, but looking for some advice from those who have at least ridden a Mojo. I did not get to even ride a regular Mojo since my LBS didn't have a demo.

I am 5'7" (170 cm) with a 28" (71 cm) inseam, weigh about 140 lb (63-64 kg) 150 lb riding weight, I guess a fairly typical asian build. My bike right now has a 23" TT, a 70mm stem, and a set-back seat post. I feel very slightly stretched out, but with a change of seat posts I would be fine. It seems a little hard to compare to that though, since it is a hardtail with a 100mm fork.

My LBS said definitely a medium. Just looking to verify what they recommended, or see if the small would fit better. Whatever size i go with, I will be running a 160mm fork, and a KS i950 seatpost that I have. I guess I should mention that I am building this up as a ~30lb lightish all-mountain build. I ride Moab, St. George, Fruita, and anywhere else in Utah, I would also like to start taking more trips to elsewhere to ride this summer.

Thanks
    Medium with a shorter stem (than you would have to run on a small) would be nice...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    Medium with a shorter stem (than you would have to run on a small) would be nice...
    Thanks a lot pono and Hans, you were one of the people I was hoping would chime in. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yeah, I'd go medium. I am about 2" taller than you, and wish I was on a large instead of the medium.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    medium, you'll fit it just fine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pono39
    Medium - no question.
    Pono, check your PM's

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Looks like it's unanimous, I'll get a medium. Now I just have to find the money, completed my taxes, and ended up owing money.

Thanks all

flow where ever you go
    Tax time always makes me remember my first tax year filing as self-employed when the tax accountant said, "There's good news and bad news". What's the good news?, I asked. "You can't go to jail for owing taxes". So much for the good news.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Members who have read this thread: 0