Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

2009 Mojo Loaded!!! for sale Im gonna miss it :(

Hey guys
    Been reading this forum forever. I've got a $6000 loaded up 2009 MOJO that i've got to sell. All reasonable offers will be considered!!!!!here's my link to my classified ad. I want this to go to someone who is going to appreciate it and use it, as of lately its just been collecting dust. Feel free to PM me with any questions or email me @ Kevinculla9@gmail.com!!!

I really love this thing and hate to let it go! it took me many many months to save for this beast!

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...=53262&cat=all

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ..........ok what am i doing wrong? this this has been on ebay and here for over three weeks and not a single bite? doesn't everyone want one of these for half price? yet ive seen lesser bikes go for more? im' lost!!!

mtbr member
    Takes awhile, I'd venture to say a lot of guys haven't seen them in certain areas to know that they want one. I honestly have had a few people pull over and ask me what kind of bike is mounted in my truck, or shout out windows ... i need to swap the logo sticker for a website.

Dropping serious coin begs the ?, why not drop some more and get new/ exactly what I want.

Ibis fans are probably tempted by HD.

This time of year is slow sales all kinds of things like this... I have an incredibly rare pb gun I can't ditch and it stuns me - I know next spring when people have the itch for fun stuff it will be snatched up.
    Have you thought about parting it? Swapping frames is easier on the wallet than a whole bike.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

screamer
    I think there's also a bit of uncertainty out there still about buying a used carbon bike without any warranty protection. I bought a mojo frame second hand, and the seller had it inspected by a LBS, an ibis dealer; I could call the store and talk to them, to hear it from someone else that the bike didn't have any perceptible damage. While it's no guarantee at all, it definitely made me feel more secure about the purchase. Might be worth seeing if your LBS would do something similar for you. Some places will even do consignment.

Good luck; too bad you have to sell it!
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCulla9
    ..........ok what am i doing wrong? this this has been on ebay and here for over three weeks and not a single bite? doesn't everyone want one of these for half price? yet ive seen lesser bikes go for more? im' lost!!!
    I'd start with some better photos. Not trying to be mean, but if I'm looking to drop that kind of coin on a used bike I don't want one that looks like it's been left out in the rain in some dude's back yard along with water bottles and the trash.

Scrub 'er down, shine 'er up, pull 'er inside. Living room is fine. Put up a nice sheet in the background to minimize clutter in the photo, and turn on the lights. Your photos look blurry as well. Clean your camera lens and learn to use the macro feature for the closeups.

Also, add the URL link to the photos in your ad. And think about chucking it on the scale and listing the weight.

Nice Mojo! Good luck with the sale.

mtbr member
    Sorry, it could be my fault.
    They might have seen my post where I said that I bought a brand new Mojo with a Fox Talas fork for only $2,800.
    Probably ask themselves why pay more for a used bike and lose the great Ibis warranty, especially since the Mojo is a full carbon frame.

Good luck with your sale.

screamer

mouth, meet foot

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1
    If they didn't make the connection before, I guess now they will.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1
    They might have seen my post where I said that I bought a brand new Mojo with a Fox Talas fork for only $2,800.
    Probably ask themselves why pay more for a used bike and lose the great Ibis warranty, especially since the Mojo is a full carbon frame.

Good luck with your sale.
    Lol i hear ya, but no one not even the owner of the bike shop could have bought this bike new for $2,800.

Quote Originally Posted by Garagemonkey
    I'd start with some better photos. Not trying to be mean, but if I'm looking to drop that kind of coin on a used bike I don't want one that looks like it's been left out in the rain in some dude's back yard along with water bottles and the trash.

Scrub 'er down, shine 'er up, pull 'er inside. Living room is fine. Put up a nice sheet in the background to minimize clutter in the photo, and turn on the lights. Your photos look blurry as well. Clean your camera lens and learn to use the macro feature for the closeups.

Also, add the URL link to the photos in your ad. And think about chucking it on the scale and listing the weight.

Nice Mojo! Good luck with the sale.
    good idea! will do, I'm gonna have to go to the bike shop to take pictures, i dropped it off there to see if they could sell it! I put it on the back deck to take pictures... it has been stored in the basement. lol. looking at the pictures i could see where that perception might come from. I took the pictures with my HTC EVO I guess maybe i shouldn't have been so lazy.

mtbr member
    i don't know man, it seems a bit overpriced as well. I think the first commenter is 100% right in regards to the rain and quality of pictures. Also, there's no full drive-side pictures of the bike.

In regards to price, why would I pay $3500 for a bike a build kit similar to a new $2,500 bike (other than the wheels of fork, of course)? sram and raceface don't have the same bling factor as new shimano xt and thomson/easton, nor is the dhx as desirable as the rp23 (it's different from the standard and people don't feel comfortable with different. they know the rp23 works with this frame 100%, what about the dhx air?). it's got the same brakes from my 2007 stumpjumper.

I almost got a brand new mojo from wrench science for 4k out the door, full xt build (brakes and wheels included), float 150 15mm rlc, and thomson. why wouldn't I pay 15% more for a killer bike that has a warranty, better drivetrain (by most standards), not to mention completely new? I'd actually prefer a new fox 150 over a used rc2, tbh.

i'm not trying to be a dick man, just trying t give constructive criticism. However, asking $3,500 for that bike is a bit much even with the fork and wheels.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    i don't know man, it seems a bit overpriced as well. I think the first commenter is 100% right in regards to the rain and quality of pictures. Also, there's no full drive-side pictures of the bike.

In regards to price, why would I pay $3500 for a bike a build kit similar to a new $2,500 bike (other than the wheels of fork, of course)? sram and raceface don't have the same bling factor as new shimano xt and thomson/easton, nor is the dhx as desirable as the rp23 (it's different from the standard and people don't feel comfortable with different. they know the rp23 works with this frame 100%, what about the dhx air?). it's got the same brakes from my 2007 stumpjumper.

I almost got a brand new mojo from wrench science for 4k out the door, full xt build (brakes and wheels included), float 150 15mm rlc, and thomson. why wouldn't I pay 15% more for a killer bike that has a warranty, better drivetrain (by most standards), not to mention completely new? I'd actually prefer a new fox 150 over a used rc2, tbh.

i'm not trying to be a dick man, just trying t give constructive criticism. However, asking $3,500 for that bike is a bit much even with the fork and wheels.
    really?...... really? I put better parts on the bike and people don't want it because its not what they are used to? give me a break. seems like everyone wants to play but nobody wants to pay. I guess that was my mistake for buying a bike with durable parts. I don't know how many people comment on this, everyone I ride with would love it but they don't have the coin. and really shimano is better drivetrain? I've never had good luck with them that's why i went raceface and sram. I guess I should have bought a damn huffy apparently It would have had a better resale value. LOL

and as for the rain in the pictures it was raining on the day i decided to pull it out for the pics!!

Rant over

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Its not like I have to sell it I just figured someone else might want/use it more than i do. it bums me out to have it sit in my basement and never get ridden. I was just hoping someone would want to use it!! but with reciepts totaling over 6 grand and just over a year of ownership im not really looking to part with it that bad, to take a huge hit. Only reason I stopped riding is i have no time with my new job.

mtbr member
    As much as I hate to admit it, as a full-on Ibis Kool-Aid drinker, the Mojo just doesn't seem to hold its value as well as a Santa Cruz or other boutique bike. Recently I saw a Mojo SL w/ the WTF kit not get a single bid at $3K - the seller was even giving a choice between a 2010 Talas and the unused Manitou Minute that came with it - AND he was willing to swap the Stans Wheelset for the Crank Bros. Cobalts. It's tough economy to sell a high-end bike, that's for sure.

Maybe this is a sign that you should keep the bike and just ride when you can. Between kids, the job and 2 herniated discs, I'm definitely not getting the kind of mileage out of my Mojo as I would like but when I do get the chance to ride, it puts a huge smile on my face.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.
    2007 Ibis Carbon Mojo

mtbr member
    Lol woah there buddy, calm down. You're the one not getting any bites, I'm giving you constructive criticism that could potentially uncover WHY you're not getting any bites.

I was being honest about how shallow buyers are (especially in the 3k+ range) when it comes to parts. Sorry, but the new shimano xt is blingy-er and more appealing than x9 and race face (from what I've seen and experienced with mountain bikers, as well as what new bikes are coming out with). Sorry if you don't agree with that, the guys in North Shore definitely don't and they shred harder than 90% of guys on 3k+ bikes.

Anyway, if you're looking for advice on how to make the bike sell more effectively, I suggest you don't get offended (even if you don't agree with said advice). Good luck in the sale.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Lol woah there buddy, calm down. You're the one not getting any bites, I'm giving you constructive criticism that could potentially uncover WHY you're not getting any bites.

I was being honest about how shallow buyers are (especially in the 3k+ range) when it comes to parts. Sorry, but the new shimano xt is blingy-er and more appealing than x9 and race face (from what I've seen and experienced with mountain bikers, as well as what new bikes are coming out with). Sorry if you don't agree with that, the guys in North Shore definitely don't and they shred harder than 90% of guys on 3k+ bikes.

Anyway, if you're looking for advice on how to make the bike sell more effectively, I suggest you don't get offended (even if you don't agree with said advice). Good luck in the sale.
    Sorry. I didn't mean to come off as ******. You are right though. those parts are more "blingy" but I wanted a mountain bike. Not a diamond watch lol. I guess ill just ride it out and see what happens. And thanks for the advice!!

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    The market for bikes, new OR used is being hit right now. Trying to sell your bike based on what YOU paid is irrelevant. Right now it's a buyers market and you have to swallow your pride and accept a huge loss OR don't sell it. That's the reality of the market.

I'd check completed sales on ebay and use those comps as a basis for your market price.
    http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.htm...lete=1&guest=1

The two white SL's are decked out and one sold for LESS than you're asking! The other one sold for more than you're asking but look how many times he had to repost. Both bikes "look" to be in significantly better condition than yours and have better (subjective) parts than yours. As with a lot of the comments, give your ad a more professional look. Those ads are staged perfectly to sell. It's not rocket science.

Look at this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-IBIS-Mojo-S...Mountain_Bikes

I'd track it and see how it sells. I bet it doesn't sell for more than $4000 or so and it's completely new, blinged out and would retail for $5500-$6000. When you list your "retail" price as $6000 that is a stretch since you're listing AFTERMARKET pricing. If it was built that way from a dealer, it wouldn't be much more than $4000. Maybe a newb would fall for it but then again, a newb probably wouldn't be in the market for a high end bike.

Sorry dude......you needed a reality check. Get over it. Ride it. Love it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    The market for bikes, new OR used is being hit right now. Trying to sell your bike based on what YOU paid is irrelevant. Right now it's a buyers market and you have to swallow your pride and accept a huge loss OR don't sell it. That's the reality of the market.

I'd check completed sales on ebay and use those comps as a basis for your market price.
    http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.htm...lete=1&guest=1

The two white SL's are decked out and one sold for LESS than you're asking! The other one sold for more than you're asking but look how many times he had to repost. Both bikes "look" to be in significantly better condition than yours and have better (subjective) parts than yours. As with a lot of the comments, give your ad a more professional look. Those ads are staged perfectly to sell. It's not rocket science.

Look at this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-IBIS-Mojo-S...Mountain_Bikes

I'd track it and see how it sells. I bet it doesn't sell for more than $4000 or so and it's completely new, blinged out and would retail for $5500-$6000. When you list your "retail" price as $6000 that is a stretch since you're listing AFTERMARKET pricing. If it was built that way from a dealer, it wouldn't be much more than $4000. Maybe a newb would fall for it but then again, a newb probably wouldn't be in the market for a high end bike.

Sorry dude......you needed a reality check. Get over it. Ride it. Love it.
    ddraewwg ftw. actually, this build seems more similar to the op's bike (other than the wheels) and I don't think it even sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XL-Ibis-Mojo-SL-...Mountain_Bikes

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    ddraewwg ftw. actually, this build seems more similar to the op's bike (other than the wheels) and I don't think it even sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XL-Ibis-Mojo-SL-...Mountain_Bikes

Right. It didn't sell which doesn't help to establish a "market". Based on previous sales (eventhough it's not exactly comparable) he should be able to offer a better market price. As I said previously, one of the SL's sold for the $3600 and was better spec'd than the OP's thus helping to establish a price. His offer of $3500 is high compared to that. He should be able to read between the lines and figure that out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Well I changed my asking price to $2850 I guess well just have to see what happens. The price includes shipping to the continental U.S. I'm not set on a price but I think that is more than reasonable for this bicycle. Or do you still think that is too high?

Thanks for all the comments and help!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Parting out is always better, money wise. Not so good time wise. With the somewhat out of the ordinary build of your bike I think its a must. Unless you're going to give it away you need to hope that somebody wakes up one day and says "I want a green mojo with a 36 and a dhx". You might be waiting a long time for that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I just don't get what is so undesirable about it? Why are the upgraded parts so uncommon? I just don't get it. Or is it more the color? Well hopefully somebody scoops it up. I'd hate for it to spend another summer in basement getting no use.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCulla9
    I just don't get what is so undesirable about it? Why are the upgraded parts so uncommon? I just don't get it. Or is it more the color? Well hopefully somebody scoops it up. I'd hate for it to spend another summer in basement getting no use.
    Kevin,

I think the majority of mojo riders want (and buy) a long-legged trail bike rather than an all-mountain bike. Your spec is solid, burley, and i'm sure descends like a dream but i don't think the mojo market wants that (i'm talking about 90% of mojo riders i've met, ridden with, encountered, and the builds i've seen online). i think the nomad market does, and your build on a nomad is far more common than your build on the mojo.

Also, there seems to be a preference for the nude carbon (although I personally prefer the blue and green), which I also think lowers the demand for the bike. more niche-y, i'd say. 92gli hit it on the head - your bike is pretty specific when it comes to the build and color (I've never seen a dhxair-equipped mojo in person ever nor a mojo with a 36; i've seen a lot of mojos) and i think you'll have a tough time selling it.

regardless, good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    how muchs does that weigh? looks totally bomb proof

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    lol, it is bomb proof lol thats how I built it if i remember correctly its just over 28 lbs. The bike shop is going to weigh it for me today or tomorrow and i will post up the official weight!

Grams Light Bikes
    Personally I would take all the parts off and sell them separately on ebay, then sell the frame. It is more work using this method, but you will get more out of the deal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i wouldn't even know what to sell any of it for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast