bike rider

140 Fork to 150mm

My friend just got a Mojo SL-R with a Float RLC set at 140mm. Is there a spacer system inside that can be swapped around for 150mm travel?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Pull it apart....just remove the bottom bolt and top. Push it up through the top and see if it has a spacer. Some of them just have holes drilled with a hollow cotter pin to set the position.

Remember to have some 7wt suspension oil and Float Fluid to re-install it.

mtbr member

140 Fork to 150mm

Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    Pull it apart....just remove the bottom bolt and top. Push it up through the top and see if it has a spacer. Some of them just have holes drilled with a hollow cotter pin to set the position.

Remember to have some 7wt suspension oil and Float Fluid to re-install it.
    If its a FIT model, it's tad more complicated. I had FOX replace my uppers with150mm, but they have this huge rebound clunk until they put the correct FIT damper in there. I thought it was easier, not an expert by any means, just my experience

mtbr member
    May 2011
    FIT is the damper, not the spring.

mtbr member

140 Fork to 150mm

Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    FIT is the damper, not the spring.
    I know, maybe it was because they swapped my uppers from 140mm to 150mm, I thought they were the same. Not an expert, just my experience

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sorry...are you saying the damper isn't long enough? Didn't think of that.

bike rider
    NThe old 32 Floats had plastic spacers that could be swapped around but I kinda got the impression that the new ones (at least FIT RLC) have specific dampers for each travel. Bummed cuz we thought it was a 150 fork (or easily convertable) when he got the bike. This might require a call to Fox unless the men who spec these bikes chime in.

mtbr member

140 Fork to 150mm

Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    NThe old 32 Floats had plastic spacers that could be swapped around but I kinda got the impression that the new ones (at least FIT RLC) have specific dampers for each travel. Bummed cuz we thought it was a 150 fork (or easily convertable) when he got the bike. This might require a call to Fox unless the men who spec these bikes chime in.
    Call FOX I'm pretty sure this is the answer, they changed my 32mm uppers from 140 to 150(stantions were worn), sent them back to me and I had this nasty rebound clunk. I sent them back and another tech took a while to figure it out and had to change out the dampening cartridges and it's worked perfect since. Not sure it's with the effort extending a 32" fork 10mm as you get more flex. Best to save your $$$ for a 34mm or 36mm -but then again I weigh 225 and ride pretty hard. My answer was an HD with 36mm forks--much mo better
    Nd

bike rider
    He's 135lb and used to ride a 32 150 and I thought that's what was coming on the SL-Rs so estamos muy disapointamos. I get the point of a travel specific damper if it has hydraulic bottom out but these don't so it's too bad they ditched the simple spacer travel adjust system. XC race? Set it to 120. Want a slacker head angle? Pop it up to 150. Oh well.