mtbr member

$1999 for used Mojo?

Think this is a deal? Just saw it at my lbs.

It is mostly an XT build, including wheels and brakes.

fox float rp23 and float fork.

The only thing is that it was used as a demo bike for a year, so there are scuffs and scratches on it. I was just wondering if you guys think the frame and components would hold up after being used (and maybe abused?) for a season.

Seems like most used mojos are going for much more, so I'm about to jump on it unless you think otherwise...

Dropshot Champ!
    sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Does it have the lopes upgrade/standard?

Whats the ibis warranty on used bikes thru a 2nd party? I know everyone says they're amazing zomg fantastic with service and warranty issues, but what about as a 2nd owner?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    According to there website:
    "Limited Warranty
    Ibis Cycles warrants Ibis frames to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from date of sale. This limited warranty applies to the original owner and is nontransferable. Ibis will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any frame or component that it determines to be defective. "
    It would be interesting to see if that would apply to a demo as well. Maybe someone could provide some insight on who owns the demo bikes, Ibis or the LBS?

Either way, it seems to me that your buying the components and getting the frame for free.

mtbr member
    The shop owner said he talked with Ibis and they said the warranty would transfer over, even with it being a demo bike. So I guess it has two more years left.

It has the Lopes link also, which just sweetens the deal.
    Last edited by Notcher; 01-28-2010 at 06:55 PM.

aka dan51
    Is it a size XL? I see you're in the Bay Area. If you don't pick it up for that price I might get a second one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    It's a large, pea green color with rubberized paint. Doesn't sound too pretty but i actually looks cool.

Turn off the TV
    Get it. The Pond Scum color is great.

mtbr member
    This is what the demo color looks like. The color in the photo is a little bit off, but you get the idea. I think that dirt sticks to the rubberized finish a little bit more than the glossy finish and fresh cow poop can stain it a little.

mtbr member
    that's a sweet looking ride. I like the green on black

The bike I'm talking about looks just like that except it's all green and scratched up pretty bad. Nothing too deep though. I figure that's why it's so cheap.

Arrrghhh!!!

Did you pull the trigger?

If so, post some pics-- let's see it!
    The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
    William James

mtbr member
    I pulled the trigger, just haven't come up with all the cash yet. I've got in on layaway, and need to come up with another $500 or so. Once I get it I will be sure to show it off!

Dropshot Champ!
    do they have any more? haha 2k w/ warranty for a fully built bike is a steal!

mtbr member
    Yeah right. I think the s,m and xl were sold the first week they were on the floor. for some reason the Large didn't sell for a month, and that's when I saw it while I was intending to just buy some cleats.

If you look around there seems to be a bunch of demos on sale right now for under $2,500. There's one on the classifieds right now too.

Dropshot Champ!
    i see the one for 2500 bux. thats still alot of money for a college student!

just under 27lbs is impressive for an x9 build tho...(classifieds posting)

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterDave
    This is what the demo color looks like. The color in the photo is a little bit off, but you get the idea. I think that dirt sticks to the rubberized finish a little bit more than the glossy finish and fresh cow poop can stain it a little.

Pretty sure thats a guinness foam, not a pond scum.

meh
    nah, its just the photos color being a bit off, guinness is more white/yellow than that

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu
    nah, its just the photos color being a bit off, guinness is more white/yellow than that
    agreed, that's a pond scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".