mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Trophy Pro Frame Geometry & Fork Length

I have been looking for a frame to replace my 10 years old GT so that I can fit longer fork, has good standover and can upgrade to disc brakes in future. I want a HT that can last for another 10 years and after some searchings, I narrowed down to Trophy Pro. I like the geometry and brushed aluminium (same as my GT). Before I decide to order, I would like to know if anyone has experience using longer than 90mm fork on this frame. IBEX recommends 80-90mm. I am thinking to get the Rock Shox Reba Race 85-115mm adjustable.

Alan in IBEX told me that by extending to 115mm the headtube angle would be about 69deg. That I think would be good for me for downhill. I would stick to 85mm for XC and uphill. Anyone sees issues here?

I agree with everyone on IBEX excellent customer service. They know what they are doing and are very helpful.

Cuánto pesa?
    Hi boonjuan,

Welcome to the Forums and IBEX board..

I did a build of the 1st real world 07' Trophy Pro (frameset) and went with a
    Manitou R7 Super 100mm..The bike handles beautifully..That's not saying
    that 15mm more will do the as well..In-fact I believe it could make the bike
    skittish in tight curves..

Why not run a Reba with 100mm and ride and be happy..That adjustable
    travel stuff is just more moving parts= More to break down..

Jake
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cuánto pesa?
    Your probably not gonna get a load of answers..I cant think of anyone that's in/on
    the forums mention building an 07' T-P frame up..

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks Jake and that's a good looking bike. I have some pretty good components on my old GT and I plan to spend some time this summer to build up a bike using a new frame.
    Is your bike 16"? If so, what is your standover with 100mm R7? I would imagine it 29".

Do you know if I wait longer I can get better deal with 08 releases expected to happen soon?

Cuánto pesa?
    Thanks,

Yupper, that's a 16" frame..The stand-over would still be less than 29"..

There's a chance we the people could be seeing some of the 08' line-up by late October but that's
    not etched in stone..The supply and demand game by component distributors is iffy at best..

Jake

PS. Get one now

[SIZE="5"]
    So Sexy
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jake Pay; 07-01-2007 at 10:34 AM.