mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Trophy Pro Frame Geometry & Fork Length

I have been looking for a frame to replace my 10 years old GT so that I can fit longer fork, has good standover and can upgrade to disc brakes in future. I want a HT that can last for another 10 years and after some searchings, I narrowed down to Trophy Pro. I like the geometry and brushed aluminium (same as my GT). Before I decide to order, I would like to know if anyone has experience using longer than 90mm fork on this frame. IBEX recommends 80-90mm. I am thinking to get the Rock Shox Reba Race 85-115mm adjustable.

Alan in IBEX told me that by extending to 115mm the headtube angle would be about 69deg. That I think would be good for me for downhill. I would stick to 85mm for XC and uphill. Anyone sees issues here?

I agree with everyone on IBEX excellent customer service. They know what they are doing and are very helpful.

Cuánto pesa?
    Hi boonjuan,

Welcome to the Forums and IBEX board..

I did a build of the 1st real world 07' Trophy Pro (frameset) and went with a
    Manitou R7 Super 100mm..The bike handles beautifully..That's not saying
    that 15mm more will do the as well..In-fact I believe it could make the bike
    skittish in tight curves..

Why not run a Reba with 100mm and ride and be happy..That adjustable
    travel stuff is just more moving parts= More to break down..

Jake
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cuánto pesa?
    Your probably not gonna get a load of answers..I cant think of anyone that's in/on
    the forums mention building an 07' T-P frame up..

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks Jake and that's a good looking bike. I have some pretty good components on my old GT and I plan to spend some time this summer to build up a bike using a new frame.
    Is your bike 16"? If so, what is your standover with 100mm R7? I would imagine it 29".

Do you know if I wait longer I can get better deal with 08 releases expected to happen soon?

Cuánto pesa?
    Thanks,

Yupper, that's a 16" frame..The stand-over would still be less than 29"..

There's a chance we the people could be seeing some of the 08' line-up by late October but that's
    not etched in stone..The supply and demand game by component distributors is iffy at best..

Jake

PS. Get one now

So Sexy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jake Pay; 07-01-2007 at 10:34 AM.