Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups

FAT BIKES

WINTER APPAREL

TRAINERS

Dudette

Seatpost slipping on Ibex Super Iggy

I have an '09 Ibex Super Iggy which has been my main steed on the fun and technical trails of upstate NY. Recently I've been having a lot of issues with the seatpost slipping down a good inch or so during the ride. I currently have a Salsa collar on. I've greased the post, and tightened the collar as much as I dare, but it still slips. Any suggestions?

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    I really liked the Woody I got from Jake. It had a ribbed surface that gave it extra bite.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

Dudette
    Ha ha ha! Great post, Mini! So, ordered a Woodman post - I should have thought of that one - I have one on my Misfit Dissent. Got a Salsa Lip Lock collar, too. Hopefully this will be a better combination for me and I won't have to keep adjusting during the ride. So annoying!
    Yeah, trails have been awesome here in Ithaca - definitely can't complain!

ride hard take risks
    kiwi speak with forked tongue
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Dudette
    Good question, LOL! So, I got the Woodman post and the Salsa Lip Lock collar. Problem solved. Also, it appears that was what was also causing this annoying creak I kept getting...because she's blissfully silent. All I hear now is the sound of my wheezing climbing up our hills ;o)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I also noticed the forum has gone missing.......however I think Ibex as a brand had already gone missing for a while now.....

By the way.....I'm still rockin' the orange (re-designed) Ignition that the new owner sent me as a warranty replacement......but I have never seen it on the new Ibex website (which still sucks even after all the advice we gave him )

That's too bad......tons of people compliment me on the frame when I'm out on the trails.....and when they ask how they can get one I have to tell them they can't.....

ride hard take risks
    Asta and Atlas were 2 awesome bikes, really miss those days this was a happening community with allot of love
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

gnuH
    Looks like it's the end of an error.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

gnuH
    Hi Ibexians. How are those cheap frames holding up?