mtbr member
    May 2007

Wink Rumor: IBEX Asta 29er

I hear Ibex will be coming out with a FS 29er soon... Well, no, not really. I'm just starting a rumor. Anyone else interested in such a beast?

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpstumper
    I hear Ibex will be coming out with a FS 29er soon... Well, no, not really. I'm just starting a rumor. Anyone else interested in such a beast?

jumpstumper,

[SIZE="3"] Welcome to the Forums [/SIZE]

Jake

PS. You just never know what 2008 will bring

ride hard take risks
    I'm to short but a 29er FS would be awesome, especially based on the Asta
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    May 2007

Hope

Thanks Jake,
    I am starting to hold my breath for 2008 .. Now.

mtbr member
    Any truth to this? Sounds very interesting.

Kris

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by mud390
    Any truth to this? Sounds very interesting.

Kris
    All speculation from what I've heard and read as of yet..

I'm willing to bet that the move to a FS 29er would greatly
    depend on the public's response to the Section 29 for 07'

Jake

Flying Goat
    yea... i can see that too Jake... it's all about whether Ibex has the market for it... thats how they keep their prices low...

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    yea... i can see that too Jake... it's all about whether Ibex has the market for it... thats how they keep their prices low...
    If you've notice IBEX doesn't have a lot of that last years model laying around like the other companies..

Jake

PS. You were lucky to get your ZONE

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    If you've notice IBEX doesn't have a lot of that last years model laying around like the other companies..

Jake

PS. You were lucky to get your ZONE
    yea Jake... i've noticed and yeap, hella lucky... Though i do wish the Zone sold better before the end of it's production... That way there would've been hope for a new 7" Zone. Hopefully how they sold like hotcakes when Ibex announced they were discontinued will bring it back... Though a 6" is fine for AM/FR... a 7" would have made it more able in racing most DH courses...The old Zone was at 6.7". That would have been suffiecient as well... But with the falling rate suspension, was really hard to get it setup the way i wanted... would be nice if there was a 7" Zone with a low leverage ratio in the first inch then it increases very high and slowly decreases again towards the end of travel with a sharp drop at the last inch... That way pedal effiecient, plush without needing too much sag and has bottoming ressistance...

Cuánto pesa?
    IMO..A full 7" DH/FR would probably do better in the market place over a FS/29er ..The 29" style bike is limited to the taller rider, where as the 26" wheeled bike will always cater to a larger percentage of potential riders..

So with that said, I hope your dreams come true for that all new IBEX dare devil DH/FR animal

Jake

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    IMO..A full 7" DH/FR would probably do better in the market place over a FS/29er ..The 29" style bike is limited to the taller rider, where as the 26" wheeled bike will always cater to a larger percentage of potential riders..

So with that said, I hope your dreams come true for that all new IBEX dare devil DH/FR animal

Jake
    same here... i hope it does as well... that way i might be able to get a frame and swap parts from the Zone in the future...