Thread: My new Ignition

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

My new Ignition

Here she is, introducing the brand new and re-designed Ibex Ignition. I bought this frame from Garvin as a warranty replacement for my broken Ignition. I bought a new crank-set and headset since it just seemed wrong to transfer my old ones from the other Iggy:

All other parts (brakes, saddle, wheels, fork, etc.) are from the old frame. I set it up as as a 1X9 just like my previous bike:

My new Ignition-377373_2677340782724_1532371701_2841501_1497894723_n.jpg

My new Ignition-038.jpg

My new Ignition-028.jpg

My new Ignition-031.jpg

My new Ignition-032.jpg

My new Ignition-041.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new Ignition-029.jpg  

My new Ignition-030.jpg  

My new Ignition-035.jpg  

My new Ignition-040.jpg  

Last edited by osmarandsara; 11-28-2011 at 03:27 PM.

mighty sailin' man
    back to bushings again on the rockers???
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    back to bushings again on the rockers???
    Ehh?? This bike has sealed bearing cartridges on the main pivots. You don't have to take the bike apart to see the smaller ones where the rocker mounts to the frame on the seat tube (the black ring is the bearing seal) The cartridges on the lower pivot should be pressed into the frame on both sides and protected by the through-bolt connecting the chain-stays to the frame (just like the '09 Ignition) There better not be any bushings down there....I could remove the rear triangle to check but I think I'm just gonna confirm with Garvin before I start dismantling a brand new bike and messing up the torques on the bolts...

The only bushings I'm seeing are on the minor pivots on the triangle.....just like I would expect to......is that what you are asking about? Why would you want cartridges there??? I mean, they probably rotate like what, fractions of a second of an arc?????
    Last edited by osmarandsara; 11-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.

mighty sailin' man
    '08 ignition had bushings in the spot I circled. '09 went to bearings and it was a noticeable improvement. Your image looks like they went back to a bushing and I can't imagine why. If you see nylon washers at the bottom and the top they are using bushings again.

I went through several sets of bushings at the top on my first frame. The replacement frame I had one bushing starting to wear at the bottom near the brake. Makes it sloppy

I seem to recall they added stroke to the shock so it may not be as big a deal as with the old iggy

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  31.6 KB

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    '08 ignition had bushings in the spot I circled. '09 went to bearings and it was a noticeable improvement.Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  31.6 KB
    Nope....my '09 Ignition had nylon bushings in the spot you circled, not a sealed bearing cartridge. My '09 Iggy's sealed bearing cartridges went bad before my bushings did.

But I think we can agree that both bushings and cartridges eventually will wear out.....I hope Ibex stocks up on bushing/bearing kits like all the other "major" bike companies....
    Last edited by osmarandsara; 11-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.

mighty sailin' man
    sorry but you are wrong about the '09 or didn't know what to look for

and which is it on this frame? Nylon bushing or bearing

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    sorry but you are wrong about the '09 or didn't know what to look for

and which is it on this frame? Nylon bushing or bearing

It has sealed nylon bushing bearing cartridges thing-a-ma-bobs