mtbr member

Ignition Super or Atlas Sport

I've been comtemplating my upgrade to FS for a while, and am convinced that an IBEX is the ticket to allow me to stretch my $ a little further. I've been targeting that '08 ignition super in the killer green color for a while, but am now starting to look at the entry level Atlas. For a couple hundred more I could be in the Atlas Sport range, but probably couldn't push it further than that.

I ride AM, mostly on Monte Sano in Huntsville, AL with plenty of rocks, roots, and other gnarly stuff.

What are your thoughts on the Ignition Super vs the Atlas Sport, as they seem to be similarly intentioned bikes with just a little variance in components. Is the difference worth the extra 20%?

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Fed
    What are your thoughts on the Ignition Super vs the Atlas Sport, as they seem to be similarly intentioned bikes with just a little variance in components. Is the difference worth the extra 20%?
    The Atlas Sport is gone and from what I understand wont be again..That's one of the reasons the Iggy Super has come to be..So get a SUPER and ride forest ride.

Freshly Fujified

It's worth the extra $$$

Better fork, better cranks, hyrdaulic brakes, better wheelset on the Atlas. If Jack can put one together for you and you can afford the additional money, I say buy the Atlas. Mind you, the Iggy Super is no slouch, but of the two, I'd take the Atlas.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Freshly Fujified

Jake's right...My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    The Atlas Sport is gone and from what I understand wont be again..That's one of the reasons the Iggy Super has come to be..So get a SUPER and ride forest ride.
    According to Jack, it would be an Expert level Atlas he can put together. here are the details:

I've noticed a few people lamenting that the 2007 Atlas bikes are all sold-out (though frames are still available). However, we do have a couple of complete bikes still available that are not showing up on our website. One is an Atlas Expert.. a photo sample that is slightly different from stock (such as different decals, different crankset color), hence it's not in inventory. The other will be a one-off using a build kit similar to the one we used for the '07 Trophy Pro SE... '08 Shimano XT, '08 Hayes Stroker brakes, etc... Anyone interested should give me a call at 1-888-741-1464. The one-off has not been built-out yet, so we can build it on any frame size. The photo sample is an 18.5", though I might consider doing a frame swap if anothr size is needed.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Explosive
    Bottom line . . . Call Ibex!
    [SIZE="1"]I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.[/SIZE]