Thread: Ignition frame

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Ignition frame

Just before Ibex closed I got a replacement Ignition frame. My old frame I bought in 2006 had cracked and James sent me a new frame almost immediately. I was pleased and surprised by how quickly it came. The one I received was a different style from my prior frame. Anyway James said he would send me new bushings for the shock and he didn't and now they can't be reached. Can someone give me the the correct bushing overall width for the top and bottom of the shock. Just measure the overall width and I'll figure out the bushing width required.

Another problem the frame has is that the rocker assembly rubs the seat tube on one side. Possibly this frame is warped but the overall clearances for this rocker would be very small even if it's centered. Has anyone else had this rubbing problem with the latest Ignition frame?

JT
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vibes; 11-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibes
    Just before Ibex closed I got a replacement Ignition frame. My old frame I bought in 2006 had cracked and James sent me a new frame almost immediately. I was pleased and surprised by how quickly it came. The one I received was a different style from my prior frame. Anyway James said he would send me new bushings for the shock and he didn't and now they can't be reached. Can someone give me the the correct bushing overall width for the top and bottom of the shock. Just measure the overall width and I'll figure out the bushing width required.

Another problem the frame has is that the rocker assembly rubs the seat tube on one side. Possibly this frame is warped but the overall clearances for this rocker would be very small even if it's centered. Has anyone else had this rubbing problem with the latest Ignition frame?

JT
    it could be the rocker plates that are out of wack... but man o man rocker plates rubbing on a tube is not good at all...

mighty sailin' man
    You're checking it without the shock mounted correct?

Is it maybe just a loose pivot bolt so the head of the bolt is hitting?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yes I checked it with the shock out and it stll rubs. The main pivots were tight. I slightly loosened both sides and it still rubs. I thought of putting a small spacer washer under the main pivot to slightly move it out.

JT

Cuánto pesa?
    Another problem the frame has is that the rocker assembly rubs the seat tube on one side.

[SIZE="2"]Something isn't right

Show me [/SIZE]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ignition frame-capturewiz882.jpg  

Ignition frame-capturewiz883.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Took me awhile to get back to this. Attached is a picture of the side to side clearances. I'm guessing the rear triangle is just warped.

JT
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mighty sailin' man
    Take the seat off and get a pic looking down on that as straight as possible please
    I'm wondering if the seat tube is twisted

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail
    Take the seat off and get a pic looking down on that as straight as possible please
    [SIZE="2"]
    Ditto!!!
    [/SIZE]

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail
    That could be checked by seeing if the seatpost slides all the way down.

If you let the air out of the shock does the whole rear end compress freely?

Have you got the correct spacer/washer between the rocker and frame? You could add a shim there to create clearance.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwirider
    You could add a shim there to create clearance.

that's what I was thinking kiwi
    hoogie doogie that puppy and ride it till it won't go any further!

ride hard take risks
    Could be the clevis got smacked inwards and needs a little tweaking.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot