mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Ignition 3 weight?

How much does a medium stock Ignition 3 weigh?

mighty sailin' man
    Your going to have to ask Ibex that question seeing that they are the only ones that actually have an ignition 3 to weigh.
    call / email them

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HatesIT
    Your going to have to ask Ibex that question seeing that they are the only ones that actually have an ignition 3 to weigh.
    call / email them
    an 18" super iggy, with pedals is 33 lbs 3 oz with pedals. I'd imagine the iggy 3 is a hair more.

BTW. This is using a pretty nice fishing scale. It is within an oz of my lbs "bike" scale.
    [SIZE=1]<IBEX ASTA EXPERT X9><Motobecane Fly Pro><[/SIZE][SIZE=1]HOOK EM' HORNS[/SIZE][SIZE=1]><Go Cardinals!><Scotty Doesn't Know>[/SIZE]

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by txjohng
    an 18" super iggy, with pedals is 33 lbs 3 oz with pedals. I'd imagine the iggy 3 is a hair more.

BTW. This is using a pretty nice fishing scale. It is within an oz of my lbs "bike" scale.
    i dunno about that... the Tora has steel stanchions while the Zocchi MX has aluminium or magnesium stanchions... might be lighter... i dunno though... man, i need to weigh my iggy super...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    i dunno about that... the Tora has steel stanchions while the Zocchi MX has aluminium or magnesium stanchions... might be lighter... i dunno though... man, i need to weigh my iggy super...
    Right, but remember your iggy is not stock. I am sure that fox fork weights 2.5 lbs less than a tora or mx.
    [SIZE=1]<IBEX ASTA EXPERT X9><Motobecane Fly Pro><[/SIZE][SIZE=1]HOOK EM' HORNS[/SIZE][SIZE=1]><Go Cardinals!><Scotty Doesn't Know>[/SIZE]

Flying Goat
    The Talas 32 RLC is 3,86lbs. The Zocchi MX is 4.56lbs. The Tora 302 is 5.3lbs. But... let's not forget i'm running 2.5 Dissent Race (2.33lbs) and 2.35 ProwlerXT Race (1.86lbs) compared to the Velociraptors which are 1.54lbs and 1.7lbs. I'm also running heavier tubes with 1.2mm wall thickness. giving it an extra half pound each wheel. Plus, the polycarbonate bash guard is also much heavier than the 44T chainring.The Holzefeller stem is heavier than the XR stem which came with the bike and the weight saved from the ProTaper bars cancel it out. In my build, weight wasnt an important factor. The build was to get it to handle the way i wanted it to and durability. How the weight came out though was awesome... XD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    The Talas 32 RLC is 3,86lbs. The Zocchi MX is 4.56lbs. The Tora 302 is 5.3lbs. But... let's not forget i'm running 2.5 Dissent Race (2.33lbs) and 2.35 ProwlerXT Race (1.86lbs) compared to the Velociraptors which are 1.54lbs and 1.7lbs. I'm also running heavier tubes with 1.2mm wall thickness. giving it an extra half pound each wheel. Plus, the polycarbonate bash guard is also much heavier than the 44T chainring.The Holzefeller stem is heavier than the XR stem which came with the bike and the weight saved from the ProTaper bars cancel it out. In my build, weight wasnt an important factor. The build was to get it to handle the way i wanted it to and durability. How the weight came out though was awesome... XD

cool. with a dh rig weight is not an issue. I was just mentioning it because your is not stock. Most people are going to care about the stock weight.

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by txjohng
    cool. with a dh rig weight is not an issue. I was just mentioning it because your is not stock. Most people are going to care about the stock weight.
    yea i get what you mean... i think my bikes weight will be pretty close to stock weight if not more... forgot that i've got heavier rims, hubs and brakes too along with a heavy ass headset.