mtbr member
    Aug 2005

IBEX Frame Sizes for Trophy 770 & Alpine 550

I'm looking to purchase an IBEX Alpine 550 or Trophy 770 but before I do I have some questions concerning frame sizes.

Im new to bike riding and want to make sure that I make the best choice. I intend to ride cross-country most of the time with the intent of a good cardio workout. I also would like to try some of type of race event involving mountain biking (duathlon, triathlon ..etc)

Im around 59/510 tall, with a 30 inseam, weight is 184 lbs, and I have a med/large build.

According to the Ibex website I should be able to fit a 16 or 18 Trophy 770 and for the Alpine 550, a 17 or 19 frame.

For the IBEX owners out their who has the same general physical features, Im trying to get an idea on what bike you bought, the frame size you choose and why. Im also trying to figure out if the ride characteristics are different between the two sizes.

Your help is very much appreciated!!!

Thank You!!

mtbr member
    I bought a Trophy 880 earlier this year. I'm like 5'10" so I got the 18" frame. Fits me just fine, I wouldnt mind having a little more standover clearance but its not really a problem. If you get a Trophy you don't want to get the 20" frame it will be too big.