mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Asta Expert X9 on order...

Hi everybody - I'm pretty new around here but through my lurking, you've convinced me to order an Asta. Since I have some time to obsess, I'm wondering what, if any, parts I will want to upgrade. I know I'll be changing the pedals, but is there anything else I should be thinking about? What were your first upgrades? Any disappointing OEM parts? BTW this is more of a mental exercise at this point as I will not be replacing anything until I've ridden it as is for a while. Just wondering what your experiences are.

banned by own request
    May 2008
    Road cassette is always nice & a short cage.

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by remybigtime
    Hi everybody - I'm pretty new around here but through my lurking, you've convinced me to order an Asta. Since I have some time to obsess, I'm wondering what, if any, parts I will want to upgrade. I know I'll be changing the pedals, but is there anything else I should be thinking about? What were your first upgrades? Any disappointing OEM parts? BTW this is more of a mental exercise at this point as I will not be replacing anything until I've ridden it as is for a while. Just wondering what your experiences are.
    Congratz

Slow down...............
    The ASTA X9 is a nicely spec ride...Ride it and upgrade as components go south..
    ~Jake

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by remybigtime
    I've made a few changes on mine to lighten 'er up a bit and fine tune the cockpit but she's a good rider out of the box.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    The only thing I HAD to do was get a shorter stem and then ride, ride, ride. She really is lovely, except for the color.

Might be asking santa for new wheels for Xmas. I've been good, really I have!

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes

Might be asking santa for new wheels for Xmas. I've been good, really I have!
    Santa lurks these forums you know, Pssstttt [SIZE="1"]it's JP[/SIZE]
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

The White Jeff W
    She really is lovely, except for the color.
    I saw some sand black spray paint down at the walmart last week.
    No moss...

Go Bruins!
    I only changed the stem on my 06 when it arrived. It took three years of riding to start wearing out the rest of the componenets enough to warrant replacement. It's a PDG ride straight out of the box. Enjoy it!

mtbr member
    Dear Santa,
    For Christmas this year I would like a new set of wheels (the Cane Creek ones that Jake has) and a new paint job on my lovely Asta. I like this orange or this orange, or white like this one or red like this one, or (of course) gloss black. Black is slimming and goes with all my jerseys!

P.S. You can keep the back triangle silver

XXOO, BlueEyes

Cuánto pesa?

Dear Santa,
    For Christmas this year I would like a new set of wheels (the Cane Creek ones that Jake has) and a new paint job on my lovely Asta. I like this orange or this orange, or white like this one or red like this one, or (of course) gloss black. Black is slimming and goes with all my jerseys!

XXOO, BlueEyes

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay

Sounds like it's a go!!!! Whoohooo BlueEyes is gettin some Santa love.
    Formotion Products

ride hard take risks
    Dear Santa,
    For Christmas this year I would like a new set of wheels (the Cane Creek ones that Jake has) and a new paint job on my lovely Asta. I ]this orange[/URL]

XXOO, BlueEyes
    http://www.ninerbikes.com/colortanglg.html

Love the color scheme.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    I know! With red hubs, yummy!

ride hard take risks
    I know! With red hubs, yummy!

One day when I get around to it I'll get the Atlas powder coated Pumpkin Orange
    Formotion Products

mtbr member

Changed nothing but the rubber.

I have the 07 Asta X9 that came with Maxis Ignitors. I switched to Fire XC's followed my faves Schwalbe Albert 2.25" (may switch to the new Fat Alberts...) Looks like yours will come with decent tires. I've replaced the cassette chain rings and chain with the same items. Mine came with Ritchey Comp pedals which are still awesome. The forks and shock are still working fine.

Your gonna love it!

--
    Bill