Thread: Asta Expert X9

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Asta Expert X9

I just recieved my new Asta and went to put it together and have a question. Is the front disk brake supposed to be on the left or right. All the pictures look like it is on the left but mine is on the right. I am guessing I will have to turn the fork around.

099=ogg so it's Rabiddogg
    Oct 2007
    its should be on the left (non drive side). I am guessing that it is located on the front of the fork on the right side right now instead of being behind the fork on the left side. what you need to do is loosen the stem and rotate the fork 180 degrees and tighten the stem down inline with the fork and wheel. you may need to take off the handlebar (if you have attached it) to prevent the cables from getting twisted and tangled.

Ibex puts the stem on backwards for packing.

mtbr member
    true that, mine was the same way, it's just for shipping purposes

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the replys. I just wanted to make sure before I screwed something up. Now I have to have a talk with Nashbar. The toolkit they sold me had 2 6mm allen wrenches and no 5mm. One of them was labeled as a 5. Of course, it didn't fit the stem bolt which had me going for a bit. I thought I needed a 4.5mm and there wasn't one in the little foldup tool from Ibex. I finally tried the 5mm on the Ibex tool and it fit but I was ready to chew up a 16 penny nail there for a bit.