mtbr member

Apogee Sport vs. K2 Lithium 3 ??? (Also Vector Focus Air ?)

Howdy,

Tried posting this in two other forums but didn't get any hits...just learned about manufacturers' forums...some of us are a bit slow on the uptake!

Now that I'm in the market for another bike I'm making the switch from a HT to FS and I'm considering a couple of different bikes (Ibex Apogee Sport and K2 Lithium 3-both 2005s on clearance).

Right now given the price, performance, and my riding preferences (aggressive XC and some light free-riding) I'm leaning toward the Ibex Apogee Sport which comes with a Vector Focus Air rear shock.

I've done quite a bit of research on all the components Ibex uses and they seem good for the price, but I can't seem to find anything on the Vector Focus Air shock.

Does anyone know anything about these shocks? How do they compare to other rear shocks? Pros and Cons? What other lines would be comparable? Why don't you hear more about them? Is that a sign that I should stay away from it?

BTW, I'm 6'0" and 200 lbs., for anyone that's ridden this shock, will it do the trick?

Jack at Ibex mentioned I should probably ride an 18" frame, any other 6 footers out their that want to weigh in on that? Does the 18 feel too small for you?

Also, how do you all feel about Ibex bikes in comparison to others (like the K2 Lithium 3)? Ibex's customer service already seems pretty incredible and I haven't even bought a bike through them yet. I'd love to hear others' experiences/opinions on either bike.

Any info/experiences would be greatly appreciated since I'm itching to get the bike asap.

Many thanks in advance! I hope I finally get some replies!!!

OlTime XR500 JumpingChamp
    Looks like Ibex is now all sold out on their Apogee line. I guess I'll wait till April to see the new lineup.

mtbr member

Got 2 of the last ones!

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalBay
    Looks like Ibex is now all sold out on their Apogee line. I guess I'll wait till April to see the new lineup.
    Yep, I think we got two of the last ones...just got them in the mail the other day and, since we're in cold Minnesota, we haven't been able to take the out for any decent rides yet...can't wait!

So far though everything is looking good, they shipped real well and have been pretty easy to set up.

I'll be posting more in the near future once we get a chance to do a real ride or two.

Cheers

Freshly Fujified

I know that feeling.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sevadari
    Yep, I think we got two of the last ones.
    Hopefully you'll be able to live with yourself I purchased the last 2004 RSR B 24 from Ibex last year. I've had difficulty sleeping ever since.

Enjoy the bikes. You have two very nice bikes at an excellent price. Be sure to post a ride report and post some pics on the "Show us your Ibex" thread.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery