Hutter

Anybody ride an '07 atlas pro?

Thinking about buying an "'07 closeout" from the ibex site. looks like a decent frame and the parts list is sweet for the dough. I am not too worried about paying upwards to $2,500 for a new fully, but if I can get a comparible ride for 1,899 then why not. Just wondering how the atlas pro stacks up?? I already have a new '08 trek ex8. Just thought I might get another to play with if it's the deal it seems to be.

Flying Goat
    The bike plain rips... it's a very capable AM/FR bike imo... very flickable and yet able to plough through rockgardens... I've had the pleasure of riding dogonfr's Atlas on a couple of occasions at my local spots where i normally ride my dh bike... It performs and climbs too... There's been recently another rider we've been riding with who just had minimal saddle time in it on some dh trails around here and she's comparing it to her 7 week old Specialized Stumpy FSR and says the FSR is a POS... XD

Anyways, something to curb your appetite...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hutter
    Thinking about buying an "'07 closeout" from the ibex site. looks like a decent frame and the parts list is sweet for the dough. I am not too worried about paying upwards to $2,500 for a new fully, but if I can get a comparible ride for 1,899 then why not. Just wondering how the atlas pro stacks up?? I already have a new '08 trek ex8. Just thought I might get another to play with if it's the deal it seems to be.
    Its a very capable rig. Climbs almost as well as my hardtail Rockhopper but is unbelievably confidence inspiring on the DH's. I weigh around 300 pounds and don't go easy on this thing, everything from the wheels to the drivetrain and suspension have held up to all the punishment I've been able to dole out.

My wife was the Stumpy rider Mrperc was referring to that took Dogonfr's Atlas for a spin after she kept on losing control on the DH's on her Stumpy FSR. She could not believe how much smoother and sure footed it was on the way down. She was able to do a section of the trail with a few 2ish foot drops in a row that she was never willing to do on her own Stumpjumper on the first run with the Atlas.

A really sweet bike for sure.

mtbr member
    Ooooh... Just noticed they're sold out.

You should call them up and see if they really have no more or if someone just has one in their shopping cart.

They still have frames available if you want to build up your own, although the component package on the complete is way sweet.

ride hard take risks
    Atlas is a definite ripper. I was riding a 7" travel bike as my do all bike till I picked up the Atlas Pro. I have no problems riding it down the same trails as the big bike. Granted you can go faster & less effort with 7" but you cant compair that. Knowing that I can ride the Atlas anywhere & on any trail is awesome. I put a 2.5 WTB Dissent on the front & 2.35 Maxxis HighRoller on the rear, as mentioned the Atlas can plow through a mine field of rocks & silt with authority. When you get to tight single track it doesnt relax, for 5" travel it is very flickable & fast. Nice advantage of a single pivot is it can climb better than me.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Company CSR
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mountain_biker
    Ooooh... Just noticed they're sold out.

You should call them up and see if they really have no more or if someone just has one in their shopping cart.

They still have frames available if you want to build up your own, although the component package on the complete is way sweet.
    We are sold-out of the Atlas Pro, but I have an 18" photo sample available. We didn't have the right fork in when this was built-up, so some wise-guy at the factory stuck a Sliver on it... 100mm XC fork... definitely not up to task on this bike. The only thing appropriate in 130mm I have on-hand to replace it with is a Manitou Relic Super in Orange (same as we put on the Ignition Super SE, but in 130mm).

The bike is new and unridden, as will be the fork. All other specs are stock, however the frame does not have the extra cross brace on the swingarm that was added for production bikes and it has a couple of extra graphic pieces in the decal set that we deleted for production. The first to call me at 1-888-741-1464 on Monday with either PayPal or Money Order for payment gets it for $1600 + shipping with the Relic Super on it (call during office hours... M-F, 9-5 EDT). I'm knocking another $300 more off the sale price of $1899 we had going recently before they sold out. That should more than make up for the difference in forks and other minor abberations... and that makes it a heck of a bargain!

Here is a photo of the bike I'm talking about, though pictured with the Sliver fork that's coming off:

Edit: SOLD

Atlas-Pro-Sample-720.jpg
    Last edited by ibexbikes; 09-24-2007 at 12:46 PM.
    IBEX Bicycles Company CSR

www.ibexbikes.com

Hutter

Thanks to everyone for your help!!!

Hey, IBEXBIKES person. The 18 would be to small for me. I have a couple of Questions. 1.When will the '08's come out? 2. Is there a change in the frame design/components package? 3. Pricing (ballpark)? 4. Do you allow pick up from your Alpharetta shipping ctr., I live in Marietta. Probably 30 mins. away!!!

Again, thanks everybody. I knew I should have pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago. I am kicking myself now. Maybe I'll pick up the '08 later. I am still waiting to see how well my new '08 Ex8 is gonna do. So far it's Killer. The true test will be next weekend in Blue Ridge, Ga.

Cuánto pesa?
    Nice deal Jack

Quote Originally Posted by ibexbikes
    We are sold-out of the Atlas Pro, but I have an 18" photo sample available. We didn't have the right fork in when this was built-up, so some wise-guy at the factory stuck a Sliver on it... 100mm XC fork... definitely not up to task on this bike. The only thing appropriate in 130mm I have on-hand to replace it with is a Manitou Relic Super in Orange (same as we put on the Ignition Super SE, but in 130mm).

The bike is new and unridden, as will be the fork. All other specs are stock, however the frame does not have the extra cross brace on the swingarm that was added for production bikes and it has a couple of extra graphic pieces in the decal set that we deleted for production.
    The first to call me at 1-888-741-1464 on Monday with either PayPal or Money Order for payment gets it for [SIZE="2"]$1600 + shipping with the Relic Super on it (call during office hours... M-F, 9-5 EDT).[/SIZE] I'm knocking another $300 more off the sale price of $1899 we had going recently before they sold out.
    That should more than make up for the difference in forks and other minor abberations... and that makes it a heck of a bargain!

Frame: Single-Pivot 6061 Aluminum - 5" Travel
    Fork: CLICK> Relic Super 130mm TPC Lockout
    Rear Shock: Manitou Evolver ISX-4*
    Shifters: Shimano XT Rapidfire
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR
    Crankset: Shimano XT (44/32/22T)
    Cassette: Shimano XT (11-32T)
    Chain: KMC X9
    Brakes: Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brakes
    Levers: Shimano XT
    Rims: Sun SOS Welded Mid-Width Rims
    Hubs: Shimano XT Centerlock
    Spokes: Richmond 14G Black Stainless
    Tires: WTB Moto Raptor Race 26" x 2.24
    Headset: Cane Creek S-3
    Cockpit Set: Ritchey Pro Alloy
    Saddle: WTB Pure V Race FR
    Pedals: Shimano M520 SPD Clipless
    * shock pump required
    Last edited by Jake Pay; 09-22-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Company CSR
    Hey, IBEXBIKES person. The 18 would be to small for me. I have a couple of Questions. 1.When will the '08's come out? 2. Is there a change in the frame design/components package? 3. Pricing (ballpark)? 4. Do you allow pick up from your Alpharetta shipping ctr., I live in Marietta. Probably 30 mins. away!!!
    Sorry, info on the 2008 Atlas line has not yet been released for publication. '08 Atlas models won't be available until February or March, so we'll likely announce specs and pricing in late October or November. We can certainly arrange for warehouse pick-up when the time comes.

Jack
    IBEX Bicycles
    IBEX Bicycles Company CSR

www.ibexbikes.com

Hutter
    Jack w Ibex,

Thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate the personal response from you, can't get that from the "big guy's". I will definately be awaiting the '08's. I will also send anyone I talk to about bikes your way.

Thanks Again
    Hutter

Flying Goat
    now thats a dewal right there... XD

ride hard take risks
    Jack w Ibex,

Thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate the personal response from you, can't get that from the "big guy's". I will definately be awaiting the '08's. I will also send anyone I talk to about bikes your way.

Thanks Again
    Hutter
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot