Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Alpine 550 2009 delayed?

I could have sworn Ibex's website said the bikes would be arriving early may and the pre-order was through april 30th, now it says the pre-order is extended through may 15th and the bikes will be arriving mid-may...

whats the point of a pre-order ibex? a person can pre-order the bike get a special price the day before the bike arrives there and wait one day? I pre-ordered the bike because I did not want to miss out on a good price for buying it early even if I had to wait. now you extend the pre-order so to me I pretty much wasted my time pre-ordering, and the week and a half I already waited gets extended into mid-may? I would have went and bought something locally if I knew I would have to wait almost a month for my bike when I was under the impression it would be 2 weeks..

cmon seriously?

is this the start of a bad experience with IBEX?

Cuánto pesa?
    IBEX can't control shipping from across the Pacific Ocean. SHlT happens.

But, I do understand and feel your pain

mighty sailin' man

sorry to hear that

great time killa

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    IBEX can't control shipping from across the Pacific Ocean. SHlT happens.

But, I do understand and feel your pain
    I also pre-ordered so I could get in on the discount on a 330 for my son. As a business owner who buys materials from Taiwan, I have to honor commitments to customers when the boat is late even if it eats away at my profits. My feeling is that those who got in before the original date should get a further discount, either in the form of say 10% off of the price or free shipping.

Yes, this impacts their bottom line, but when you commit to a contract as they did by offering a pre-order discount, you should either: 1) not extend the deal to others or 2) give the original pre-orders a small bonus. Just because the boat didn't make it on time doesn't release them from their original commitment. But then this is my first time dealing with them. Maybe they just don't care about building and maintaining a solid reputation.

Treat one person right and they'll tell 2 of their friends. Treat them wrong and they'll tell 10!

mighty sailin' man
    I'm not saying it's right or that I would be happy about it myself but a two week delay on a bike order is nothing really. Look around in the 29er or custom builder forums and you'll see why I say that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    it is now may 12th, 3 days into the second week of may and I still didnt get my bike shipped.

If I dont get my bike shipped in the first wave even thought I ordered well before May 1st and i get pushed back into the May 15th and later dates which is for people who ordered after may 1st, i don't care but im cancelling the order.

mtbr member
    I think deeper discounts would be going overboard. I can't tell you how many times I have ordered a part from my LBS and they tell me it will be in on Tue and it doesn't show when they said it would. It's the joys of the road...or trail.
    Your bike is not the only thing that needs maintenance!
    http://www.yeschiropractic.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It's not the fact that it's late that bothers me. It's the fact that because it is late they've gone ahead and extended the same deal to everyone else!

Imagine waiting for a new ride at Disneyland. There is only one line and you jumped in so you could be guaranteed a ride. Then they have a mechanical problem that needs to be sorted out. In the meantime they go ahead and open up a second line. Now it doesn't matter that you stood in line for 4 hours. The people that walked up 5 minutes ago are getting the same chance at a ride that you are!

mighty sailin' man
    So you would feel better if others got the shaft? Is that what you are saying?
    I don't think you mean that do you ?
    Now if they line jumped you that's another issue but ...

sorry, I don't get it

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by conifer0
    It's not the fact that it's late that bothers me. It's the fact that because it is late they've gone ahead and extended the same deal to everyone else!

Imagine waiting for a new ride at Disneyland. There is only one line and you jumped in so you could be guaranteed a ride. Then they have a mechanical problem that needs to be sorted out. In the meantime they go ahead and open up a second line. Now it doesn't matter that you stood in line for 4 hours. The people that walked up 5 minutes ago are getting the same chance at a ride that you are!

thats exactly what pissed me off...I dont mind waiting a short while for it, even though when I ordered it was set for early may not mid-may, what gets me the most is I put in my money and time to wait for the bike that early because I thought I would be given an exclusive price for pre-ordering. now that people can come in still pre-order for the same price and get the bike with a lesser wait period than me, that just seems straight up rediculous.
    Last edited by f575gtc; 05-12-2009 at 09:47 AM.

mighty sailin' man
    Guy's I understand being upset but I think you're forgetting who or what you're mad at/about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail
    sorry, I don't get it
    So, if you wait in line at a store and they only have one cashier and you've been waiting for 20 min., and then suddenly they open all of the registers, that doesn't piss-you-off a little?

So you would feel better if others got the shaft? Is that what you are saying?
    I don't think you mean that do you ?
    I don't know where that's coming from. I'm not irritated at anyone who takes advantage of an extended deal, I'm only irritated with the proprietors of that deal.

At least at Disney World, when they had unforeseen problems when I was there, they had staff come through line passing out free fast-passes for that ride if people didn't want to wait any longer. They have excellent Customer Service because they DO want people to come back!

mighty sailin' man
    If you had the bike now I seriously doubt you would care if they extended it or not. Probably wouldn't even be checking the site any longer. I think that applies to your checkout isle as well.

and yes, that situation tears me too

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Guy's I understand being upset
    Funny.... in your last post you said
    sorry, I don't get it.
    but I think you're forgetting who or what you're mad at/about.
    Have you been reading this thread? No, I'm not forgetting! I still remember that I'm irritated that IBEX extended the pre-order deal just because the bikes are delayed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you had the bike now I seriously doubt you would care if they extended it or not.
    You're right! But, extending it BECAUSE I don't have the bike, that's wrong.

mighty sailin' man
    let me clarify
    I didn't and still don't get your disgust with the extension.

I do understand being upset with the wait.

good luck guys, I do mean that

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    disgust with the extension.
    Your words not mine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    also technically others woulnt be getting the shaft, they had the same oppurtunity to pre-order at the time i did, IBEX had a clear pre-order deadline april 30th, you either pre-ordered before then or you paid full price, it would be your own doing for not pre-ordering by their deadline.

Im just really anxious to get my bike, I have been riding a cheapo mongoose that doesn't shift correctly, and I am enjoying spending a day out in the trails.

but, "We expect to ship these out the second week of May. All pre-orders will be shipped within 2-days of the bikes' arrival... probably the same day they arrive at our warehouse." thats directly from Ibex, so I too expect to have my bike this week considering I am within Fedex's 2 day shipping zone from Georgia.

mighty sailin' man
    I hope you get it this week too

Cuánto pesa?
    I hope you get it this week too
    Ditto that and I'm happy for the ones that have/had the chance to still get the "Special" pricing

With the economy in it's present state, it's always good to see people with tight budgets get a chance to ride..I can only give away so much before I run out of components to share with deserving folks..

Considering the two to three people running IBEX, I'd have to say they do a jam up job..Far from perfect it is..But far better than most..

So kudos to the crew at IBEX....
    ~Jake

Cuánto pesa?
    great time killa

[SIZE="4"]Beat me if you can[/SIZE]..............
    Attached Images Attached Images

mighty sailin' man

Cuánto pesa?

~Jake

mighty sailin' man
    I'm still stuck @ 27, you're safe.

That back nine

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    Ditto that and I'm happy for the ones that have/had the chance to still get the "Special" pricing
    I agree with Jake. Why are you worried that others (fellow mtbrs) are getting a good deal also? It doesn't change what you paid for the bike. Getting your panties in a bunch and talking about cancelling your order is pretty lame.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast