mtbr member
    Sep 2006

New question here. Alpine 350 All Terrain Tires

Could the Kenda All Terrain tires be used to ride on:

1) Paved Roads

2) Dirt/Sand Roads

3) Paved Roads that Sand sometimes drifts across (thus making them very slippery
    and hazardous).

If you know a better tire for all of the above I would like that recommendation, also.

Thanks.

Freshly Fujified

Yes, but...

The tires will work in those conditions, but I don't know if they will be the best option for sand. My guess is that they are a general purpose tire, and therefore not extremely well at any specific application. I would also surmise that they are an OEM item (something manufacturerd specifically for the purpose of being put on a pre-built bike, and not sold aftermarket to the general public) as they are not on Kenda's website. I would ask the same question in the Wheels and Tires Forum and see if anyone else has feedback or a recommendation for a tire suitable for the conditions you describe. Another source of information on tires would be this site:

http://mtbtires.com/

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

locked - time out

My Favorite.................My 2cents.............YADA-YADA...

Quote Originally Posted by cp63
    Could the Kenda All Terrain tires be used to ride on:
    1) Paved Roads
    2) Dirt/Sand Roads
    3) Paved Roads that Sand sometimes drifts across (thus making them very slippery
    and hazardous).
    If you know a better tire for all of the above I would like that recommendation, also. Thanks.
    The Kenda All Terrain is a rough ride no PAVEMENT, and good in all other applications..
    [SIZE="2"]CLICK HERE> [/SIZE]http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/132...II-XC-Tire.htm

Jake
    Last edited by Pay Here; 12-26-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Explosive
    I ordered THESE. But Pay Here's look pretty nice as well.

I Have yet to use mine though, but I will let you know on monday when I take them out for the first time.

locked - time out

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingtaco
    I ordered THESE. But Pay Here's look pretty nice as well.
    I Have yet to use mine though, but I will let you know on monday when I take them out for the first time.
    Those are gonna be a real fast roller on pavement and hardpack..Let us know how they react on lose terrain..

Jake..
    Last edited by Pay Here; 10-17-2006 at 02:43 PM.

locked - time out

Here's another of my Favorites..

IRC-Mythos-XC-Racing-Tire:
    These have been around for quite awhile, I run them on my GOOSE..
    Not as fast or smooth on pavement as the KOZMIK's, but they do excell on the DIRT..

Jake

[SIZE="2"]CLICK HERE>[/SIZE]http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb.htm?...sort=styleName
    Last edited by Pay Here; 12-26-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Explosive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pay Here
    Those are gonna be a real fast roller on pavement and hardpack..Let us know how they react on lose terrain
    [SIZE="5"]They SUCK ! ! ![/SIZE]

I finally got on some real trails today and I about lost it 5-6 times today because of these tires. They are fine on veryhardpack but even a few small rocks or a loose top coat and they will not hold in a turn. And if you want to get through any mud you had better have some momentum going in. But they are VERY fast when traction is not a concern.

I am sure that if my riding ability were higher I could handle them much better, but I have no confidence in them on anything loose.
    [SIZE="1"]I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.[/SIZE]

locked - time out

E-Toco, if you've got the extra cash..

They SUCK ! ! !
    The IRC-Mythos-XC are still on sale at Price Point..Set of 2 for [SIZE="2"]$24.98[/SIZE]...
    Like I mentioned before, they excel in the dirt..
    I've used them on and off for 6 years and always end up picking up another set after trying other brands..
    The Mythos-XC has a real good track record in the MTBR-reviews..

Sorry to hear your problems with the Performance .com house brand..

Good luck and keep riden'..

Jake's 1/2cent..

Explosive
    I wouldnt say they are a bad tire. They serve their purpose well, they just happen to suck on the loose stuff. I have a good Hutchinson Spider Airlights for the front and Continental Vertical ProTection for the back.

I just dont get to see real offroad action all that much, and the Spider wears out way fast on pavement. So I choose not to use it unless I am driving to the track.
    [SIZE="1"]I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.[/SIZE]

Explosive
    [SIZE="6"]UPDATE[/SIZE]

THESE TIRES are great for the road but uterly suck for [SIZE="4"]ANYTHING[/SIZE] loose. If you choose to turn even on a hardpack gravel/dirt road good luck. If you want to take these off road do not buy them. If you are only going to be on the road they work well, but I will be buying a better cross tire soon.

[SIZE="5"]DO NOT BUY THIS TIRE:[/SIZE]