mtbr member
    Sep 2006

New question here. Alpine 350 All Terrain Tires

Could the Kenda All Terrain tires be used to ride on:

1) Paved Roads

2) Dirt/Sand Roads

3) Paved Roads that Sand sometimes drifts across (thus making them very slippery
    and hazardous).

If you know a better tire for all of the above I would like that recommendation, also.

Thanks.

Freshly Fujified

Yes, but...

The tires will work in those conditions, but I don't know if they will be the best option for sand. My guess is that they are a general purpose tire, and therefore not extremely well at any specific application. I would also surmise that they are an OEM item (something manufacturerd specifically for the purpose of being put on a pre-built bike, and not sold aftermarket to the general public) as they are not on Kenda's website. I would ask the same question in the Wheels and Tires Forum and see if anyone else has feedback or a recommendation for a tire suitable for the conditions you describe. Another source of information on tires would be this site:

http://mtbtires.com/

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

locked - time out

My Favorite.................My 2cents.............YADA-YADA...

Quote Originally Posted by cp63
    Could the Kenda All Terrain tires be used to ride on:
    1) Paved Roads
    2) Dirt/Sand Roads
    3) Paved Roads that Sand sometimes drifts across (thus making them very slippery
    and hazardous).
    If you know a better tire for all of the above I would like that recommendation, also. Thanks.
    The Kenda All Terrain is a rough ride no PAVEMENT, and good in all other applications..
    CLICK HERE> http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/132...II-XC-Tire.htm

Jake
    Last edited by Pay Here; 12-26-2006 at 07:43 PM.

Explosive
    I ordered THESE. But Pay Here's look pretty nice as well.

I Have yet to use mine though, but I will let you know on monday when I take them out for the first time.

locked - time out

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingtaco
    I ordered THESE. But Pay Here's look pretty nice as well.
    I Have yet to use mine though, but I will let you know on monday when I take them out for the first time.
    Those are gonna be a real fast roller on pavement and hardpack..Let us know how they react on lose terrain..

Jake..
    Last edited by Pay Here; 10-17-2006 at 02:43 PM.

locked - time out

Here's another of my Favorites..

IRC-Mythos-XC-Racing-Tire:
    These have been around for quite awhile, I run them on my GOOSE..
    Not as fast or smooth on pavement as the KOZMIK's, but they do excell on the DIRT..

Jake

CLICK HERE>http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb.htm?...sort=styleName
    Last edited by Pay Here; 12-26-2006 at 07:43 PM.

Explosive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pay Here
    Those are gonna be a real fast roller on pavement and hardpack..Let us know how they react on lose terrain
    They SUCK ! ! !

I finally got on some real trails today and I about lost it 5-6 times today because of these tires. They are fine on veryhardpack but even a few small rocks or a loose top coat and they will not hold in a turn. And if you want to get through any mud you had better have some momentum going in. But they are VERY fast when traction is not a concern.

I am sure that if my riding ability were higher I could handle them much better, but I have no confidence in them on anything loose.
    I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.

locked - time out

E-Toco, if you've got the extra cash..

They SUCK ! ! !
    The IRC-Mythos-XC are still on sale at Price Point..Set of 2 for $24.98...
    Like I mentioned before, they excel in the dirt..
    I've used them on and off for 6 years and always end up picking up another set after trying other brands..
    The Mythos-XC has a real good track record in the MTBR-reviews..

Sorry to hear your problems with the Performance .com house brand..

Good luck and keep riden'..

Jake's 1/2cent..

Explosive
    I wouldnt say they are a bad tire. They serve their purpose well, they just happen to suck on the loose stuff. I have a good Hutchinson Spider Airlights for the front and Continental Vertical ProTection for the back.

I just dont get to see real offroad action all that much, and the Spider wears out way fast on pavement. So I choose not to use it unless I am driving to the track.
    I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.

Explosive
    UPDATE

THESE TIRES are great for the road but uterly suck for ANYTHING loose. If you choose to turn even on a hardpack gravel/dirt road good luck. If you want to take these off road do not buy them. If you are only going to be on the road they work well, but I will be buying a better cross tire soon.

DO NOT BUY THIS TIRE:

Members who have read this thread: 0