mtbr member
    Aug 2006

ALAS no more stress

Well after months of studying and deliberating i just put the order in for the Asta comp x7.
    It was a debate between that, the Atlas and the 06 MKIII comp. They ran out of my size in the IH so then it was down to 2. I still could not decide all the way to the end, so the factors that i took into consideration were: 1. Asta $129.00 cheaper, that can go on a helmet and other gear. 2. Would have to wait till mid march for the Atlas if they arrived as expected, while i've waited this long already the friends i would be riding with got their bikes 2 weeks ago and i'm feeling a little left out. So i pulled the trigger and now i don't have to pull my hair out anymore. I would like to thank all of you for the help and edjamacation you guys have given me in narrowing my decision. Now here comes the waiting game.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    By the way, this is my birthday present to myself.

Cuánto pesa?

Congratulations on the ASTA...

Quote Originally Posted by z28steve
    By the way, this is my birthday present to myself.
    [SIZE="5"]HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Steve[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Jake...[/SIZE]

Freshly Fujified

Happy Birthday Steve!

Congrats on pulling the trigger. You hit a bullseye

Well, actually, you were one ring out from center (Atlas) It's a great bike and I'm sure you'll be grinning ear to ear once you open that box and see what's inside.

Keep us posted!

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Flying Goat
    Astas are really fun going down as they are going up... you're gonna love it!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    What else will i be needing, helmet (how to choose), camelback, any other suggestions?

Freshly Fujified

What you need

Quote Originally Posted by z28steve
    What else will i be needing, helmet (how to choose), camelback, any other suggestions?
    Shock pump, helmet (go to LBS and try them on), gloves, bike specific shorts, MTB shoes, socks, multitool, extra tubes, tire levers, patch kit, mini pump.

That's a good place to start.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Flying Goat
    all helmets have to pass a certain safety requirement so any should be fine... usually you're paying for ventilation and style...

mtbr member

helmet choices

Choose something that has adjustability i nthe back, in case your head swells from riding your Asta J/K
    No seriously buy something that is one size fits all kinda thing. that way yo ucan adjust it to your confort.