I am a pathetic rider...
    Sep 2007

2007 Atlas Pro fork size

Hello, I was eyeballing an 07' atlas frame and had a question.I was looking for a frame to build up gradually with a mix and match of parts I find on sale and this looked like a good starting point without getting boutique expensive. how is the pedal feedback on this bike, it is single pivot so I was suspicious. I know it will be worse than what I am used to because I am coming off of an Aluminum HT, but as far as 5" AM rigs go, how does the frame stack up?
    Save the Earth, Ride a Cyclist

Cuánto pesa?
    Yes a 140mm fork is doable..In fact the complete 07 Atlas Pro comes with a
    Manitou Minute Super SPV 140mm travel

Should you get the frameset maybe I could talk you into sharing the build as
    it progresses..PICs and Specs..
    Last edited by Jake Pay; 12-01-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Freshly Fujified

Some answers

As Jake pointed out, the frame will handle up to a 140mm fork. I have the Expert which comes with the Split shock, and my personal experience is that pedal feedback is minimal. The frame is extremely sturdy, yet flickable. Check with some of Dogonfr's posts. He has some great insights in his ride reports about just how versatile the frame is. Don't hesitate on buyting it.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Flying Goat
    120mm - 140mm will do you good... XD Pike, 55, Sherman Flick, Minutes, etc...

The Atlas is an awesome bike... just rode dogonfr's today... pics and report will be posted up later...