Missouri Chubber
    Sep 2008

'09 asta pro frame rear shock bolts

I recently warrantied a cracked asta frame (I have already got a longer seat tube as this seems the common cause of this on this particular frame). However I have a rockshox ario 2.2 rear shock which is from the original purchase '07 asta X7. The mounting hardware around the shock is slightly wider on the '09 frames as the shock which replaced the ario in '09 (the rockshox monarch 4.2) fits better with slightly wider bushings/hardware.

I originally posted this to get the attention of ibex but have since reached them and gotten the bolts I needed for the shock mount detailed above.
    Last edited by Deserteagle99uzi; 10-15-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Missouri Chubber
    Sep 2008
    And of course I got James @ ibex on the phone today and he took care of everything. Naturally it is 1 day after I complain on this forum about it . If anyone can direct me as to how to delete this post I'd appreciate it, didn't see an obvious option myself.

Thanks James

mtbr member
    May 2009
    What was the out come, what bolts are needed? I am sure other Asta owners are interested as well. Who knows how long Ibex tech support will be around.

mtbr member
    I just did my Asta frame swap (main triangle only) as well. They are shoulder bolts of a certain diameter. Would be hard to find. Mine replaced just fine. Btw, never attempt a frame swap without a proper bike stand. My back is still a little sore!

--
    Bill

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle99uzi
    And of course I got James @ ibex on the phone today and he took care of everything. Naturally it is 1 day after I complain on this forum about it . If anyone can direct me as to how to delete this post I'd appreciate it, didn't see an obvious option myself.

Thanks James
    Just edit it and remove everything. The post will stay, but the text won't.

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by Val Garou
    Just edit it and remove everything. The post will stay, but the text won't.
    Because nobody needs to know about poor CS....."3 weeks later and 5 emails and over 30 phone call attempts to the tech dep"
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

Missouri Chubber
    Sep 2008
    The bolts are the M8 sleeved bolts which are housed inside the rockshox sleeves/washer system which inserts into the bushing which is housed in the eyelet of the shock. Regular maintanence of this eyelet bushing (top and bottom of the shock) with the proper removal tool (which I bought from a MTBR member who makes them) will fix any slop/play in the rear end of a FS bike. Most people just ride with the slop and don't do the maintanence adding to failures. The bolts I've referred to are manufacturer specific. There is an outside chance they could be replicated but you would surely need a machine shop to do it accurately as the width and material must be correct to within fractions of a mm. Please don't confuse the M8 bolt which fits in the rockshox spacer and hollow tube (for lack of a better word) system. they are NOT the same thing.

Mine are already in the mail and unless you horribly disfigured the heads of yours, wrecked the threads in yours, or frame swapped from a '07 or '08 to a '09 frame (note the width difference detailed in the original post) you shouldn't ever need new ones of these.