Pocket Pool Savant

New question here. '05 Ignition same as '05 Wing Super?

I've noticed that these frames are almost exactly the same, with the exception of the headset type. I think what gave it up for me was the solid dropouts and shock linkage/seat tube area.

Are they the same frame?

I just picked up an Ignition 1 for a beginner that wants to start riding and I like it very much. It definately outpriced the clearance Mongeese and if it's the same frame, all the better.

AJ
    "Stop smirking. It's irritating" - Judge Judy

mtbr member
    Both frames look exactly the same and have the same geometry. They must be the same. Since most frames are made in Taiwan I bet Ibex and Mongoose must get their frames from the same source. I could be wrong though.

Pocket Pool Savant

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Great advantage

Quote Originally Posted by InvictaS1
    Both frames look exactly the same and have the same geometry. They must be the same. Since most frames are made in Taiwan I bet Ibex and Mongoose must get their frames from the same source. I could be wrong though.

I ordered the bike and found out that they're local, so I called them to pick up the bike. Great service and l saw the warehouse. The guys were great and I like going into a warehouse and seeing used equipment with nice components leaned up against new bike boxes. I'd rather get my stuff from them then some big company with no face, even if they source their frames.

Thanks IBEX. I think my bud will get a good start as we upgrade his frame (it gives me a chance to upgrade my bike and grandfather the components onto his frame)

While I'm at it, any word on a good shock upgrade? It looks to be a 6.0" eye-to-eye. I don't know the stroke. What's a good shock upgrade. Also, will an 80mm Manitou Six Deluxe ('01...the good year) really ruin the geometry on this frame...I have one laying around.

AJ
    "Stop smirking. It's irritating" - Judge Judy

Never worng!
    Quote Originally Posted by InvictaS1
    The Ibex and Mongoose frames look a lot like the discontinued Specialized frames.
    Wonder if the company that made the Specialized frames is now making the Ibex and Mongoose frames?
    If they are that's a big plus.