Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by donjc451 View Post
    Can anybody tell me anything about the Wailuku Trail? I 'll be on Maui and looking to get some real mountain biking in. I don't mind riding up the hill as long as there is some decent downhill payoff.
    Try sending "whodaphuck" a pm. Pretty sure he is on Maui. He's about 7 posts up^

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Aloha,

I will be in Oahu this nov 14-20th and Im trying to find a bike rental place and trails to ride.. any recommendations?

thanks
    Mike

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by donjc451 View Post
    Can anybody tell me anything about the Wailuku Trail? I 'll be on Maui and looking to get some real mountain biking in. I don't mind riding up the hill as long as there is some decent downhill payoff.
    Never heard of that trail...don't think it exists. There are a few private property trails near Wailuku (Mac Nuts e.g.) but no public access trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ae86coupe View Post
    Aloha,

I will be in Oahu this nov 14-20th and Im trying to find a bike rental place and trails to ride.. any recommendations?

thanks
    Mike
    Home :: Not just any bike shop.... THE BIKE SHOP ::

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hello Forum,

I'm looking to start riding religiously about 4 times a week and have very little experience past road biking as a child for a about 7 miles to a girlfriends house late at night.

I got a crappy bike from the PX on schofield and imediately realized I love to ride, legs in pain... Wind... Tired as hell... I enjoyed it... every second of just riding around post.

Anyone know a good beginer trail? I don't mind getting my ass kicked and if I have a trail to ride, I'll finish it... Cant say when but I'll get it done

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

1st choice for beginners

And a lot of fun even if you are not a beginner.... Maunawili Ditch Trail between Kailua and waimanalo

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Anybody wants to go mountain biking? I live on Oahu....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    newb on oahu here and just started recently. rode the bike path for some type of workout and also tried kaena point. took royal summit and loved it. now it's my sort of regular spot. haven't gone to the north shore and windward side trails. royal summit is the closest too so that plays a big part. can't really offer advice or arrange rides but i'll gladly join anyone mtb'ing.
    Last edited by db_8; 11-30-2012 at 10:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBKauai View Post
    Rent bikes here: Kauai Cycle and Tour or here: Outfitters Kauai

Kauai trail reviews:
    Alexander Reservoir
    Kalepa Ridge
    Kealia Trails
    Kuamoo/Nounou
    Moalepe
    Kuilau Ridge (connects with Moalepe)
    Powerline Trail

Enjoy.
    Going to be in Kauai Feb to march for a couple weeks. Would love to go riding. Are these trails still ride able? Most of the reviews are from several years ago... Anything new or any challenging trails I could check out?
    Check out my riding blog:

http://onetrailatatime.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Does anyone have detailed maps of MTB trails in Maui, especially Makawao Forest? I've done the usual searching on Strava, Google etc...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrickT View Post
    Does anyone have detailed maps of MTB trails in Maui, especially Makawao Forest? I've done the usual searching on Strava, Google etc...
    Aloha, Have you tried the trail maps posted on West Maui Cycles site?
    westmauicycles.com/makawao-forest-bike-trails-maui-map/

or, the old county bike map may be useful for you, too.
    westmauicycles.com/Maui-County-Bicycle-Map/

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Hi Silent - just back from Oahu and Big Island. Had a fantastic time, what a cool place to live and ride!
    Chers, Bullet.
    hey man, what rides did you do on Oahu? any ones you'd recommend for this time of the year? (I'm headed there next week)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Hi Silent - just back from Oahu and Big Island. Had a fantastic time, what a cool place to live and ride!
    Chers, Bullet.
    hey man, what rides did you do on Oahu? any ones you'd recommend for this time of the year? (I'm headed there next week)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by db_8 View Post
    newb on oahu here and just started recently. rode the bike path for some type of workout and also tried kaena point. took royal summit and loved it. now it's my sort of regular spot. haven't gone to the north shore and windward side trails. royal summit is the closest too so that plays a big part. can't really offer advice or arrange rides but i'll gladly join anyone mtb'ing.
    hey man, I'll be on Oahu next week, down to do some riding. PM me and lets try to coordinate something.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erics4569 View Post
    hey man, I'll be on Oahu next week, down to do some riding. PM me and lets try to coordinate something.
    oh crap... lost my subscription to this thread. sorry man...

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Heading to Kauai over Christmas. How is the riding that time of year? Any trail recommendations that are easy to find and non-dangerous that time of year?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4