Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 97 of 97
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by donjc451 View Post
    Can anybody tell me anything about the Wailuku Trail? I 'll be on Maui and looking to get some real mountain biking in. I don't mind riding up the hill as long as there is some decent downhill payoff.
    Try sending "whodaphuck" a pm. Pretty sure he is on Maui. He's about 7 posts up^

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Aloha,

    I will be in Oahu this nov 14-20th and Im trying to find a bike rental place and trails to ride.. any recommendations?

    thanks
    Mike

  3. #78
    Yes, that's fonetic
    Reputation: whoda*huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by donjc451 View Post
    Can anybody tell me anything about the Wailuku Trail? I 'll be on Maui and looking to get some real mountain biking in. I don't mind riding up the hill as long as there is some decent downhill payoff.
    Never heard of that trail...don't think it exists. There are a few private property trails near Wailuku (Mac Nuts e.g.) but no public access trails.

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by ae86coupe View Post
    Aloha,

    I will be in Oahu this nov 14-20th and Im trying to find a bike rental place and trails to ride.. any recommendations?

    thanks
    Mike
    Home :: Not just any bike shop.... THE BIKE SHOP ::

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Hello Forum,

    I'm looking to start riding religiously about 4 times a week and have very little experience past road biking as a child for a about 7 miles to a girlfriends house late at night.

    I got a crappy bike from the PX on schofield and imediately realized I love to ride, legs in pain... Wind... Tired as hell... I enjoyed it... every second of just riding around post.

    Anyone know a good beginer trail? I don't mind getting my ass kicked and if I have a trail to ride, I'll finish it... Cant say when but I'll get it done

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    270

    1st choice for beginners

    And a lot of fun even if you are not a beginner.... Maunawili Ditch Trail between Kailua and waimanalo

  7. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Anybody wants to go mountain biking? I live on Oahu....

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    146
    newb on oahu here and just started recently. rode the bike path for some type of workout and also tried kaena point. took royal summit and loved it. now it's my sort of regular spot. haven't gone to the north shore and windward side trails. royal summit is the closest too so that plays a big part. can't really offer advice or arrange rides but i'll gladly join anyone mtb'ing.
    Last edited by db_8; 11-30-2012 at 10:37 PM.

  9. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBKauai View Post
    Rent bikes here: Kauai Cycle and Tour or here: Outfitters Kauai

    Kauai trail reviews:
    Alexander Reservoir
    Kalepa Ridge
    Kealia Trails
    Kuamoo/Nounou
    Moalepe
    Kuilau Ridge (connects with Moalepe)
    Powerline Trail

    Enjoy.
    Going to be in Kauai Feb to march for a couple weeks. Would love to go riding. Are these trails still ride able? Most of the reviews are from several years ago... Anything new or any challenging trails I could check out?
    Check out my riding blog:

    http://onetrailatatime.blogspot.com

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DerrickT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    276
    Does anyone have detailed maps of MTB trails in Maui, especially Makawao Forest? I've done the usual searching on Strava, Google etc...

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrickT View Post
    Does anyone have detailed maps of MTB trails in Maui, especially Makawao Forest? I've done the usual searching on Strava, Google etc...
    Aloha, Have you tried the trail maps posted on West Maui Cycles site?
    westmauicycles.com/makawao-forest-bike-trails-maui-map/

    or, the old county bike map may be useful for you, too.
    westmauicycles.com/Maui-County-Bicycle-Map/

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Hi Silent - just back from Oahu and Big Island. Had a fantastic time, what a cool place to live and ride!
    Chers, Bullet.
    hey man, what rides did you do on Oahu? any ones you'd recommend for this time of the year? (I'm headed there next week)

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Hi Silent - just back from Oahu and Big Island. Had a fantastic time, what a cool place to live and ride!
    Chers, Bullet.
    hey man, what rides did you do on Oahu? any ones you'd recommend for this time of the year? (I'm headed there next week)

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by db_8 View Post
    newb on oahu here and just started recently. rode the bike path for some type of workout and also tried kaena point. took royal summit and loved it. now it's my sort of regular spot. haven't gone to the north shore and windward side trails. royal summit is the closest too so that plays a big part. can't really offer advice or arrange rides but i'll gladly join anyone mtb'ing.
    hey man, I'll be on Oahu next week, down to do some riding. PM me and lets try to coordinate something.

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by erics4569 View Post
    hey man, I'll be on Oahu next week, down to do some riding. PM me and lets try to coordinate something.
    oh crap... lost my subscription to this thread. sorry man...

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    Heading to Kauai over Christmas. How is the riding that time of year? Any trail recommendations that are easy to find and non-dangerous that time of year?

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tin_Cup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    208
    bump...
    I'll be headed out to Oahu from Colorado in July, would love some beta on trails near Nanakuli...it appears there was/is an Enduro race near there? Any other recommendations on a half day, 30 mile ride in southwest Oahu? Mahalo!

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    328
    Nanakuli? Only one I know out that way is peacock flats. Get permit to drive up satellite tracking station road. There's makakilo not too far away.
    20 miles on trail in sw Oahu? Don't think that'll happen. Millilani is outlaw but had some distance. Been hearing access is getting loose now. Sunset hill out north is our usual place now. I can rack up 15 miles easy there. Out east there's maunawili demonstration. Wet and technical, that's pretty long. I've known some guys who ride from town, over the Pali, hit the demon trail, then ride back through the south to make a big loop. That's pretty hardcore and the Pali road ride is sketchy.
    St. Louis heights in town is often our after work quickie. 40 minute road grind up, 10 minutes trail bomb DH.

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Cup View Post
    bump...
    I'll be headed out to Oahu from Colorado in July, would love some beta on trails near Nanakuli...it appears there was/is an Enduro race near there? Any other recommendations on a half day, 30 mile ride in southwest Oahu? Mahalo!
    The enduro-race you reference is probably at Timberline Camp - upslope of Makakilo.

    From Nanakuli headed west-bound, you could easily ride 30+ miles of pavement/dirt. Pedal the asphalt past Makaha until it runs out at Yokohama Bay/Three Dips; the road continues (dirt) toward Kaena Point. The (dirt) road continues around the northwest-edge of Oahu until it meets pavement (end of the hwy from the north-shore) again.
    "...emptybe_er's just a nice-guy."

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    328
    Ugh, Kaena is prob one of my least favorite trailrides on Oahu. Its shoreline trail, sandy, hot. The scenic view of ocean is nice, but I prefer trails in the mountains.

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Ugh, Kaena is prob one of my least favorite trailrides on Oahu. Its shoreline trail, sandy, hot. The scenic view of ocean is nice, but I prefer trails in the mountains.
    Half-day; 30-mile ride; near Nanakuli.
    "...emptybe_er's just a nice-guy."

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    328
    I'd rather do peacock flats to kealia then back round Kaena, but that requires getting the permit for two vehicles to drive up satellite tracking road. Bicycles are not permited on that road so you have to drive, although we did outlaw down it once.
    SW Oahu is a little confusing description though, that would be more in town/pearl city to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Can't find it? Just search our site!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •