mtbr member

What's Up With Molokai West End? Returning Soon...

I thought I would give this its own thread now. I have to head back to Molokai sometime soon to see family, and thought I would catch the inside on how MRanch is keeping an eye on "its" property. I personally laced and groomed, connected and cleared over a hundred miles on the western end.

Does anybody know what the status is on Molokai Ranch Property? I know the Bigwigs blew everything, and now want to step out of the role of managing water- to put it short. I am sure there is skeletal security. Everybody needs to hunt too- and I don't mean just for sport- you know what I mean. So I know some of that is going on in-bounds, besides camps.

I use to live in Maunaloa, pretty much lost touch w everybody. But damn, the riding was so good- excellent free form to be had without the now overgrown trails- not that they were ever necessary- "trails" are everywhere.

Besides MR, I had a couple of personal routes off the top of the island, of course heading to dry side. I miss those days, the rides like no other and still pine heavily for what was some of the most incredible- often plain sublime riding ever. Ted?

Mahalo

(if anybody is looking for a guide, just PM me.)

~~~~~~~~
    don't think you'll really find out what is up until you are there.
    I'm curious as I've experienced it when the ranch was functional.
    Good for the maui riders to come over by ferry, keep us posted.

mtbr member
    Thanks airwreck-
    I am going to make a couple of complete connections, certainly one will give me the lowdown on running amok @ MRanch- most likely won't happen. If I stay somewhat seen, I will be safe but illegal. If I go deeper, lesser known spots and tracks, I risk getting mistaken for some long lost game, just not the axis deer. Anyway, that's all speculative until I touch base with those that hunt there now.

I guided quite a few riders from the islands, a lot of returns. The "Ranch" had such promise purely as being recreational. Instead the upper mngment, and owners always knew the money was in luxury, golf, and if all failed- a sell of top money lots and homes. The latter they didn't even get (thank you Molokai), and now they mope. I haven't studied what will/might happen, but the land is rich, and the locals remain poor- money wise, but that's a WHOLE 'nother subject.

I'll touch back here once I get the skinny.