mtbr member

Wed morning ride @ Royal Summit

We're getting a group together for a ride out at Royal Summit tomorrow morning at 9am. Looking at around 2 hrs of riding. Gregg of MTBR.com is out here visiting so we'd like to hook him up with a little local action. Join us if you're free.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I am planning on joining you, if I can get a bike rental secured.

Where is Royal Summit (I'm not from here, so detailed directions from Waikiki would be appreciated), and how far away so I can plan the time to leave.

BTW, I am a capable rider so no worries. Unless you guys are crazy fast uphillers.

Thanks!
    www.TucsonMTB.com Tucson Forum

www.sdmb.org Trail use advocacy club

www.tripsforkidsaz.org Tucson/Phx Chapter

mtbr member

directions

From Waikiki make your way to H-1 Westbound then:

Slight left at I-H201 W (signs for I H 201 W/Aiea)

Take the exit toward Aiea

Merge onto Moanalua Rd

Turn right at Kaahele St and follow it up until it ends (stay in the right lane heading up).

You can park along the street call me if you get hung up - 8083685599

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks,
    I am not sure if I have a bike yet. Still working on that.

If I do, how far away is this? Basically from Waikiki beach how much time should I plan for the drive?

EDIT: Looks like I do not have a bike, I gambled on not renting one and lost. If the weather is okay I might pick one up in the morning and run out there, but wouldn't get there until 10am at the earliest after picking up the bike. Now that I have directions I can at least play around.

Have a good ride if I don't catch ya! I will be back sometime and will reach out again.
    Thanx!
    Brian

mtbr member

give me a shout

hey - sorry about the confusion on the bike - i would have tried to find you one earlier if i knew the particulars - size, etc. call me if you make it out there - it's about a 30-40 min drive from waikiki. we can do a loop and come back down to meet you 808.368.5599

aloha

robert

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you're tall, I have an extra bike... I have an XL Enduro and a 20" Surly 1x1... I can't decide what to ride. If you're about 6', you might be able to help! Let me know fast!

mtbr member
    Wow, I'm jealous, wish I could be there. Wrong island and gotta work both obstacles.....Have fun man!!

Air Pirate
    Bob, Gregg, please post some pictures of this route when you are done. I looked it up on Google Maps, looks like fun. I may want to try this in April when I get over there (also depending on rental).

mtbr member

pics forthcoming

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoicowboy
    Bob, Gregg, please post some pictures of this route when you are done. I looked it up on Google Maps, looks like fun. I may want to try this in April when I get over there (also depending on rental).
    I've got my camera - thanks for reminding me! I'll post them up later today...

~~~~~~~~
    sorry we missed you this trip Gregg, maybe Whistler this summer?

looking forward to some photos and stories. Hope the weather cooperates!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks Bob and all for trying. Thanks Colin for the offer, but I am a Medium size. Coulda tried a Lg, but XL would have made my nose bleed.

Hope y'all had a good ride. I may drive out there in a moment just to see the trails since I have some time to kill.

See you next time!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Too bad things didn't work out... Maybe next time. We did have a great ride though and I put some photos up on my website, Hawaiiracephotos.com . The direct link to the photos is http://www.hawaiiracephotos.com/roya...204/index.html

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Oh man....I know this place. I used to ride it back in the days when I live one street over on the other ridge. Man...Royal summit, thats whats its call.

I remember there is a little dirt jump place around this general area. I dont live in HI anymore, but if any of you guys/gals are interested, PM me and I can give you direction from what i remember. Hate to see that place turn into weed and grass land

Air Pirate
    Thanks for posting the pics Colin.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    I remember there is a little dirt jump place around this general area. I dont live in HI anymore, but if any of you guys/gals are interested, PM me and I can give you direction from what i remember. Hate to see that place turn into weed and grass land
    The jump place is leveled by the City & County after some homeless built tents on the jumps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Too bad I missed the ride but I don't think I would have been able to keep up. Very nice pictures Colin. I really like the superwide angle perspective. Which lens is that?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I was using a Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye... It's a fun lens