mtbr member
    Dec 2007

We Got More Rhymes Than Carl Sagan's Got Turtlenecks

Hey Maui soul riders,

We're renting a Westy V-Dub for 2 weeks and once again hitting our favorite riding spots on the island. We'll be riding up Haleakala and off-roading at Skyline, Kahua Road, Poli Poli, Makawao, Keanae, and Kaupo Gap. If anybody wants to join in on the fun just shoot me a PM or ring at Three-One-Seven513-3017. We'll also be drinking beer, eating good food, meeting nice people, and livin the good life. We arrive Wed. evening and we'll be on the island until the 18th.

I run a bike shop here stateside. We'll be on all-mountain type rigs. We're not racers...just dudes that like to roll big.

We just wrapped up the N. American Handmade Bike Show here in Indy. I was lucky enough to work all three days at the Shamrock Cycles and the Moots booths. There was some sick sh*t there. Anyone see this?:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/nahbshow...00578580948786

I tried out the HammerSchmidt from the Sram guys. Can't wait to get one. It's like butta.

Saw the new Makawao vids online. Nice.
    What's the best readily available brew on the island right now?

The dude abides.
    Triple J

Yes, that's fonetic
    Makawao vids??? Do tell.

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Yes...do spillz teh beeenzes...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Makawao Vids

Good morning, kiddies. Here's some goodness to enjoy with your Cap'n Crunch.

http://vimeo.com/user390608/videos

I know y'all are carefully guarded about this stuff, but I'll post it since I myself found the link on another mtbr.com message board (although it was hard to find and buried deep). He's puttin up freshies just about every week. I can't wait to get out of the air and into Kahalui so I can get into Makawao and back into the air.

I'd like to know more about the tunes that are used in the KahakapaoBoulderGulches video. I'm having no luck finding it on the net. Anyone?

We'll be shooting vids ourselves. We're armed and ready with two VholdR cams. You could be the next YouTube superstar.

I'll see you boys and girls tomorrow night. Mark it 8, dude.

Triple J

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by indytriple
    Good morning, kiddies. Here's some goodness to enjoy with your Cap'n Crunch.

http://vimeo.com/user390608/videos

I know y'all are carefully guarded about this stuff, but I'll post it since I myself found the link on another mtbr.com message board (although it was hard to find and buried deep). He's puttin up freshies just about every week. I can't wait to get out of the air and into Kahalui so I can get into Makawao and back into the air.

I'd like to know more about the tunes that are used in the KahakapaoBoulderGulches video. I'm having no luck finding it on the net. Anyone?

We'll be shooting vids ourselves. We're armed and ready with two VholdR cams. You could be the next YouTube superstar.

I'll see you boys and girls tomorrow night. Mark it 8, dude.

Triple J
    Who's the bastage outing our trails????

The band is Soul Scream, from a CD bought in a new/used store in OC about 15 years ago. Other than that I know nothing about them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    At least no one can afford to come ride them right now!

I can see it now...spacesuit riders diverting from the Haleakala asphalt over to Makawao to do gulch runs on their cruiser bikes. Grandma and little Johnny catchin' some air island style.

Somebody had better shut down this Todd Melton guy before they descend like locusts!

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by indytriple
    Somebody had better shut down this Todd Melton guy before they descend like locusts!
    I resemble that remark.