mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Visiting Oahu 7/18 and looking for someone or a group to ride trails.

Hi Everyone, I'm visiting Oahu with my wife on 7/18. I'm staying in the Waikiki area, don't mind drive to the north shore. She gave me the green light to take off for the day for a mountain bike ride (supposed to be celebrating or 6 year anniversary). I'm looking for someone or a group to ride with. I used to live in Oahu years ago but live in Southern California now. I'm an intermediate rider, X/C- A/M. I've been going back to Hawaii almost every year to visit and this is the first time I've ever thought about riding mt bikes on the island. My trips are usually more surf related. I'm super excited about hitting up the trails. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Aloha,

You might try posting out on Facebook as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/299092166767996/

Hope something comes together. Have a fun trip.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by stormin300 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm visiting Oahu with my wife on 7/18. I'm staying in the Waikiki area, don't mind drive to the north shore. She gave me the green light to take off for the day for a mountain bike ride (supposed to be celebrating or 6 year anniversary). I'm looking for someone or a group to ride with. I used to live in Oahu years ago but live in Southern California now. I'm an intermediate rider, X/C- A/M. I've been going back to Hawaii almost every year to visit and this is the first time I've ever thought about riding mt bikes on the island. My trips are usually more surf related. I'm super excited about hitting up the trails. Thanks!!
    If you've only got one day, I would recommend Sunset Hills in North shore. It's a X/C A/M kinda area, and a pretty big area to explore. Hope the weather works out for you, it's been a kinda wet summer so far. Of course today is a beautiful sunny day and I'm not riding! Remnants of a tropical depression is supposed to approach us soon, hope we can get a ride in tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Taroroot View Post
    If you've only got one day, I would recommend Sunset Hills in North shore. It's a X/C A/M kinda area, and a pretty big area to explore. Hope the weather works out for you, it's been a kinda wet summer so far. Of course today is a beautiful sunny day and I'm not riding! Remnants of a tropical depression is supposed to approach us soon, hope we can get a ride in tomorrow!
    Thanks for the tip. I heard there is a maze of trails and can get lost. I might rent a bike a the Bike Shop, do you have any recommendations? Mahalo

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    That's what makes it great so many trails! It's also well mapped, The Bike Shop might have a paper map of it. You can gps tracks online too. They've marked a lot of the trails with little signs with their names too. If you've never ridden the area before, I highly recommend it, it's a Lott different than most of the other single trails on Oahu.
    moreinfo:
    Sunset Hills at Pupukea

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the tip. I heard there is a maze of trails and can get lost. I might rent a bike a the Bike Shop, do you have any recommendations? Mahalo
    I haven't ridden Pupukea in a few weeks and would be down to go riding. Bike Shop is a good place to rent, they do Specialized. I rent bikes as well (http://www.mtbhawaii.com/bikerentals), Santa Cruz 5010's. Whatever is more convenient for you. If you want to ride let me know!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey Pahikua, I just private messaged you with my info. I would be stoked to ride Pupukea with you. Hit me up. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Bummer timing, hope you rode Saturday, because it looks like all trails will be a spoogy mess now! Saturday was epically nice, but I was busy driving my car in the dirt, instead of bike. Rain stopped where I am and its actually kinda nice, but the weather is supposed to be unstable through tomorrow. And from the dumps last night, trails wont dry up for a while.

Hey Pahikua, I just private messaged you with my info. I would be stoked to ride Pupukea with you. Hit me up. Thanks!