mtbr member

Traveling to Hawaii

I will be coming to Hawaii Dec 30 and staying just for a few days. I will be staying somewhere in the southwest portion of Oahu. I was hoping someone could tell me a little about the nearby trails, meaning if it would be worthwhile to bring my bike to get one amazing ride in or should I just leave it at home and do other stuff while there. Also expected trail conditions/weather/ etc.

Thanks,
    Oliver

mtbr member
    Royal Summit, up in Aiea is a great trail, and it's right in the Pearl Harbor area. Millilani is pretty good too.. it's a good place to go get lost, more xc stuff tho. If your more into jumping the east side of the island is probably the best for that. Have you looked at dhhawaii.com yet?
    full speed downhill yard sale, coming thru!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I would definitely bring the bike!!! Riding in Hawaii is the best on the planet - or at least the best anywhere on Dec 30 - no snow here.

Royal Summit has a ton of trails these days. Lots of new work up there. Also - N Shore has a ton of trails too. Depends on what you are looking for. Breath-taking views or serious down hill madness.

Aloha

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ...just remember that Royal Summit is private land and riding there is "at your own risk." Please remember that, while the neighbors in the area are quite accepting, they deserve respect too - so... when you park your Lincoln, turn down the Linkin Park..