Thread: St. Louis TLC

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

St. Louis TLC

My compliments to whomever has been working the trails on St. Louis. I've been back on them after a long hiatus and they are in pretty good shape. Some nice wooden stunts as well.

Oni

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ...without a doubt, those that create, maintain, modify-for-the-better, etc., deserve applause for their creativity, dedication and hard-work.

I'm hardly a regular (more likely "irregular") at St. Louis but experience tells me the "Mafia" has been hard at work - both 'new-school' and 'old-guard'. Same for RS... damn... imagine my surprise when I sessioned some new sh** on that hillside. Props, man, P-R-O-P-S-to-the-OP-iz-schz-les!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

"Golden Pony"

...what better way to spend my 500th-post than offer a big-mahalo to: the guys keeping Pupukea a rider's-paradise... the crew that works hard out at Olomana... and the Kalaheo-crew also! Cheers!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I was thinking about doing a day trip/mtb ride one of these weekends. Catch an early flight, rent a car, grab some breakfast, go to the Bikeshop and rent one bike, hit up Royal Summit, return everything and catch an evening flight home. What other trails are close to that area? Maybe I can squeeze one ride in before and one ride after lunch. Looking for more single track/trail type rides, not the freeride type. Mahalo for any suggestions and sorry for the threadjack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Renting from a bike-shop isn't necessarily a bad-idea although the same $-amount to rent = the time/effort to rent = mechanic's time cleaning/tuning said rental (upon return). Bringing your own bike makes more sense to me....

Within 30min driving-time from HNL: RS, Manana/Palisades, Milz, Olomana/Luana, St Louis, Wili'wili Nui and Kuliou'ou. #3 and #4 probably should be accompanied with a guide.

Mean da' "Holiday Colors"!