Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Riding on Oahu

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey guys, I just moved here and haven't ridden any trails yet. I'm thinking about going to the north shore. what trail do you recommend?

Also I am in search of a cheap pair of 26" wheels with a 15mm upfront and a 12x142 I'm the back if you are looking to sell.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Pupukea-Paumalu #1. Of course that will not prepare you for what the bulk of riding on the rest of the island is like, but its great riding!
    Pupukea past boyscout camp is more typical of the rooty, muddy, narrow, fall off side of cliff trails in other parts of Oahu.
    Kahuku Motocross park is open on weekends. Don't ride the main motocross track, unless its SUper Bowl weekend, and even then its not that great on bicycle. But there's plenty of other trails.
    Over in the Waianae mountains a short drive away there's Peacock Flats, a hellacious road climb leading to rolling jeep roads and a pretty decent single track if you can find it. And then a technical rocky descent on Kealia Trail down to Dillingham Airfield if you like.
    Kaena Point is a kinda boring flat shoreline ride, but its starting whale season so you might see some of those off shore, and possible Hawaiian Monk seal and sea birds nesting. Don't go if its raining there, mud, rocks, sand. Can you say aggregate and cement? It'll pack your tires solid and wear your paint and bearings away.

Lance Criminal
    Oct 2012
    Hey, I'm visiting from the mainland and have already checked out Lai'e falls trails. I was wondering where Royal Summit Trails were? If anyone could help that'd be great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Do a web search and you should find info easy.
    Royal Summit
    Aiea-Pearl City area, more on the Aiea side.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I lost a red-knob with an allen on the back at RS back in October 2011, has anyone seen it?
    "...emptybe_er's just a nice-guy."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4