mtbr member
    Sep 2012

rant... i want to ride!

so i just rebuilt my 99 rs judy c with soft springs and enduro fork seals. broke my right wrist in the process of pushing in the wiper/seal which i couldn't put in flush all the way even with my brother's help. seems stuck at 90% way in and looks like it would work fine. wanted to try and break it in but it's painful to lift and rotate with my right hand... bummers
    waiting on it to heal

sidenote and siderant: been bidding on air forks over at eBay but i keep getting sniped... and prices rise up out of my budget... $200 or more almost had a reba sl dual air for $180...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Rockshox Judy C, damn what are you riding? I remember having one of those back in the day.

I have an SR Suntour XCM V3 100 mm fork if you want it, just pay shipping. Not sure if that's an upgrade, but at least you can run disk brakes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Riding a 99 moab2 hehe but the front is converted to disc. Xtr rear v brakes tho

Anyway I may be able to get a fork. In a predicament tho. About the same price, one is Reba sl dual air 100mm with remote lockout, no motion control. Another is a recon solo air 351 with motion control, no remote. Which would be a better choice? I like the dual air but getting the mo-co is another 60-90 bucks. Meanwhile solo air is set an forget and has moco. Need the spacers tho as it is 130mm travel...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I don't have experience with Rebas, but Rockshox has ditched the dual air design for solo air, so that might be saying something.

But I don't know about installing a 130 mm fork on a bike that came with 3.1" of travel originally, either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I believe the recon 351 has adjustable travel using spacers. Googling now lol