Thread: Olomana Trail

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Olomana Trail

Anyone can point me in the right direction to Olomana trail? Back in the day, Olomana used to be a 4x4 trail across Olomana Golf Course. I hear this is a nice trail to ride. I found webpages and pics of the "3 peaks" and hikers but not to much of MTN bikers. I hear you can access it from Pali side too?

Mahalo's

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy808 View Post
    Anyone can point me in the right direction to Olomana trail? Back in the day, Olomana used to be a 4x4 trail across Olomana Golf Course. I hear this is a nice trail to ride. I found webpages and pics of the "3 peaks" and hikers but not to much of MTN bikers. I hear you can access it from Pali side too?

Mahalo's
    Best thing to do would be to hook up with riders from the Bike Shop in Kailua.
    What my buddies would do is park at the Castle Fountain park, a short ride on road to "Norfolks", duck into the trails there, ride the Waimanalo Ditch to government road, go up gov road to the junction with the Maunawili Demonstration and instead of going to the demonstration Trail marked with the No Horses beyond this sign, continue through the old gate onto the trail that borders the other golf course. It'll come out onto part of the Olomana trail used by the hikers and comes out onto the golf course access road. Rumour has it there are trails being built to bypass that, but we haven't riden the trail in a while, it's been a wet season.
    Trying to figure out the way through Norfolks can be difficult though. It easier to just go to the entrance to Waimanalo Ditch which puts you right on the Government road. That leaves you with a longer road ride back though.