mtbr member

In Oahu till the 28th...anyone want to ride

I know, long shot but would rather ride with some knowledge-folk. Brought my bike which is DH and XC ready (more DH sided though). I'll check in at The Bike Shop as read here but any advice on good rides near Waikiki would be awesome. I am a good rider of many trail riding disciplines but just like to have fun (not grinder paces)...been riding Norcal (Santa Cruz) for 20 years so can handle most DH well but definitely don't send it like I used to.

Thanks all...stoked to be here.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hey squashyo,

For place near wikiki, do st louis height next to university of hawaii at manoa. Its about 5 miles away

Some nice xc stuff at top, but the gem is the dh trails. Think side o by berkeley except is all legit.

Try contacting empty_beer, he was very helpful with info last time i was there. There are other fun places, but best to let someone take you

Hawaii trails are usually very rooty, with tight single tracks. The trail i suggested was the 1998 uci world championship dh race trail.

Pineapple Bob is another mtbr member that rides with francois in norcal. He is from hawaii. See if you can get in touch with him

If i remember correctly, you frequent demo alot. Be sure to have some one show you a spot call royal summit. Is a bit of a drive from waikiki. This is the local Carlmont+UC

mtbr member
    Thanks man! Empty beer hooked me up with royal summit...way too much fun: Fun ride in paradise Video - Pinkbike.com

Dumb short vid

I hope to ride with his crew Sunday but wife is saying otherwise. . We'll see. Hope to hit st. Louis tomorrow...stoked!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ...thanks and all... but... man, I don't even ride. In fact, I'm just one of those "on-line stalkers" that lives vicariously through the members of this forum.

...'96 UCI/Grundig World Cup (at undisclosed location).

...if you ride with "Pineapple Bob", please tell him I'm tired of his damn portable, blue nylon, beach/campsite taking-up-precious-closet-space chair taking-up space in my closet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Check your pm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Riding Sunday the 26th at Sunset 8am. If interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by williama.bowers View Post
    Riding Sunday the 26th at Sunset 8am. If interested.
    Dang it!!! Would have totally taken u up on this but Sunday is booked..riding pupukea tomorrow. Riding here has been super fun! Ride royal summit twice, st Louis once, mililani ( not a fan), pupukea once and a no name trail I found that is burly!!! Really glad I brought my bike and stoked for the killer trails and people I met along the way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Since you are headed back to the North Shore, stop in at the Coffee Gallery If you have a sweet tooth, their chocolate brownies are great! About Us | Hawaiian Gourmet Coffee Roasters

Kua Aina has good burgers and their fish sandwiches are worth a try too.
    66-160 Kamehameha Hwy
    Haleiwa, HI 96712

If you want to do something really cool, head out to Dillingham Airport and do a aerobatic glider ride.
    Soar Hawaii
    The airport is the starting point of a cool ride with great views and lots of climbing.
    Peacock - Kealia Loop
    A good bit of this loop is dirt road, but the views are killer. The descent down Kealia is very difficult with quite a bit of hike a bike. It's still worth it for the views. You might even see a Peacock.