Thread Terrorist

On Oahu from Dec 22 through Jan 8th -- cool people apply

Hey everyone,
    I'm headed to Hawaii for 3 weeks with the Fam, have a house in Aeia, would love to connect up with some super cool peeps to ride with. Will buy beer for socialness, local ride guides... Doing it myself isn't as fun. Hit me up at taylormshull@gmail.com

I'll have my Nomad, and love to ride just about anything: DH, XC, AM, Trials, DJ's, street/urban, hot chicks...

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Peacock flats is calling, heed the call. Hey I live in Aiea and love the flats, so count me in for at least 1 ride. It's 12 miles or so up paved road, up/ down 4x4, then down single track of which now my mid40's ass walks half of.
    My schedules good I'm off but I coach hoops and we r in a tournament so if we win we go early, if we lose we got afternoon.

Is royal summit open? That'd be easy and I'd go tomorrow. Cheers, will

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I hear RS is outlaw, technically its always been.
    Sunset Hills to me is the premier XC on Oahu. Its got a little bit of everything. Prob will hit it up Sunday if weather clears.
    Too bad Aiea Heights is closed, that was pretty typical of old school Oahu trail riding.
    Manana Trail is pretty close, that's also a typical old trail.
    Peacock flats not my fave, it's a hellish road climb. 3000 feet gain in five miles with barely a shred of shade. You then reach rolling jeep road which isn't all that interesting. The Kealia DH is entertaining though, uber technical rocky switchbacking DH.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Right on root! Your right. Where the hell is sunset hills? Sunday? But I still love payin my dues to the hill and flying/working thru the flats that are "peacock"

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sunset Hills is North shore, Pupukea. Instead of going all the way up the road to the Boyscout camp and the Pupukea Trail (which is another old school Oahu trail, not bad actually) take the first left into the Sunset Hills residential subdivision. Drive to the end of that and you'll see all the people parked. You'll see the access through the fence.
    If you do a websearch and/or go to the mtbrhawaii website you'll find some pretty good info and a GPX track for it.
    It's a web of interconnected trails that the first time there you'll prob go all kinds of weird ways. After a while you learn which trails work better climbing, where to stay out of when wet.
    Well maintained trails that for the most part are not technical and are well marked.
    If you make your way to "Lilikoi Junction" where the picnic bench is, chances are good you'll meet up with other riders, its kind of the central spot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hope you made it out to the Hills, conditions were epic!