mtbr member
    Feb 2013

New Puna biker....Aloha!

Hey all! I'm gettin psyched for some riding, thought I'd just give a shout to y'all in the area. Picking up my Felt niner on Saturday. First bike in like 30 years (shhh). You'll be seeing me around, so though I'd let you know.
    Last edited by alohabob; 03-07-2013 at 06:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Haha, thanks for the heads-up. . Where do you intend to ride? Give us a holler if you make it to Kulani, always looking for new guys to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Kulani is pretty close, so that's a definite. I imagine I'll check out whatever I can from Puna to Waimea to Volcano. Def would like to meet up with some others. For the fun as well as the schoolin

I Ride Bikes
    I hope you are out there on your new niner. Have fun dude!
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Mazukea, I'm Lovin it! Twisted my knee on one of my first rides so had to take it easy. I'm just not the 'take it easy' type though. Got out to Kulani for an hour or so last week. Really need to go with others to learn my way around. Should pick up a map from the DLNR too. Thanks for the ups. You all generally enter Kulani trails from the Quarry rd?

I Ride Bikes
    yep. We usually park our trucks in the quarry. That's where you see the big open area and gravel hill. Gotta be careful over there cause that's where people use it as a shooting range. They blast their rounds into a target and use the gravel hill as a backstop. You should definitely get yourself a map from DLNR. That simple drawing helped me out sometimes. The other way to get familiar with Kulani is just to ride that place as much as possible. The next time the guys get together for a Kulani ride I'll let you know. It would probably be a sunday morning.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I felt safer to park just off the road, as I was alone and didn't want my lone car sittin in the woods...Yeah, saw the range...Man that welcoming (not!) dead pig smell is NASTY!
    I'm feeling better on the bike every day, did 16+ miles yesterday, it was road, but no soreness today, so that's good. Def let me know when I can join a ride. I might not be able to keep up, I hear y'all just fly through there! But I'd love to meet some other bikers. Got a pair of Hans Dampf's in the mail, so I'll be better equiped than with my Geax Aka's. Can't wait to put'em on and hitthe trails! Seeya.