I'm a newbie to biking

New to the island

hey everyone. i just recently got stationed on oahu and am looking for good trails to ride. looking at the reviews but most of them are out date.

so if you could help me out that would be great.
    2008 Kona Bass

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What kind of riding? If you're into DH/FR/DJ then checkout www.dhhawaii.com.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Me too

I'm being assigned to Tripler AMC arriving 1 Aug. Looking for trails (XC) and people to ride with. I'll ride on the road too, and race cyclocross, though I hear thats non-existent in Hawaii.
    Still have the 24 hour race in the fall?
    Any info would be good, but mostly people to meet up with who know the good stuff.

mtbr member
    pm me with your email and i'll add you to our mtb mailing list. there's a group that rides mon/wed at maunawili (kailua) and our group also puts on a monthly "ride & grine". We ride for a couple of hours then meet up at someone's place for the "grines", which is local for food.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What you need to do is go to H2, exit Costco Mililani, and follow any mountain bikers you see...

Tons of epic XC trails there. My friend used to tell me one can ride there for the entire day without seeing your own track. I think you will like the riding there more than most other areas as these trails resemble continental US trails more.

Most other places are East coast style roots infested.