mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Need some Maui ideas

Hey Gang,
    Think I’ll go over to Lanai and bike around a few days then catch the boat to Maui. I’ll be on my mtn bike and will first peddle up the Big Stone and go down the Skyline trail, then was thinking of taking a left and going up then down over to the Kaupo Rd. But I also think about peddling back up and riding the Kaupo Gap down but was wondering would my time be better spent on another trail? Thoughts? Any ideas for great rides? I could crash at Poli Poli for a day to ride the trails around there? I last did Skyline on the last Lunar eclipse, love that trail so that is where I’ll start, its just where to fill the rest of the week with a mtn bike.

Edit: Right now I will check out camping at Poli Poli (think I saw it closed?) and will bike around and up all the trails I can find. Any ideas are appreciated. Big Ups!

Thanks!
    will
    Last edited by Stumpjumper808; 08-23-2009 at 11:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If you were thinking about going left above the campground forget it.There is no trail to kaupo from polipoli.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for offer and phone # Frikka. My time was too short and I'll camp there next time for a week or so. I posted a TR on the Passion section and here it is....

Me and my SJ ride Lanai and Maui (many fotos)

Cheers,
    will