mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Moving to Hawaii

I am moving to Hawaii in a few months and what to see how the riding is out there. Let me know some of the best trails to hit up.

Thanks
    Captchemo
    www.georw.com

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by captchemo
    I am moving to Hawaii in a few months and what to see how the riding is out there. Let me know some of the best trails to hit up.

Thanks
    Captchemo
    www.georw.com
    Not a lot of easy mobility btw islands. Which one (or were you specifically referring to the Big Island)?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I am going to be stationed Oahu.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by captchemo
    I am going to be stationed Oahu.
    PM me when you get a chance with your email address. We do a weekly ride on the windward (east) side in Kailua on Wednesdays and we put on a monthly ride & grine (that's local speak for eating) - so party after the ride. Diverse group of riders - slow to fast, young to old, and boys and girls. Aloha and see you soon!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Of all the places I've lived & ridden, Oahu is my favorite. Have fun, wish I was there with you!

mtbr member
    I will be in Kaneohe in a few months. PCS from New River. What kind of tires do I need?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel53
    I will be in Kaneohe in a few months. PCS from New River. What kind of tires do I need?
    Depends - we've got roots, rocks and red dirt - so something with mud-shedding ability for the rainy season, something grippy for the roots, and something durable for the lava rock - I just pick what's in stock at my LBS and hope for the best