Thread: Maui in March

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Maui in March

Morning (very earl to you I think)!

I'm a young guy from Cape Cod who works for an engineering firm. Long story short I'll be in Maui 3/12-3/18 for work. I'm thinking of taking an extra day or two. I'd love to get riding in but I won't be bringing my bike. Not sure what the scene is out there. I know the big mountain has a downhill, which I'd be into but I'm more on XC rider.

Not a racer, just out there for fun and fitness. Friendly laid back typical MTBer.

Anyone up for showing me around for a few hours? I need to figure out my plans ASAP to book a flight and maybe a hostel. I could probably rent a bike out there and bring my own gear.

Thanks, Steve

mtbr member

Re: Maui in March

You get to live in cap cod and your job takes you to maui...

I hate you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I sort of despise Cape Cod, no mountains! But the riding is much better than I expected. Of course no long hiking, huge elevation, or climbing either.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Come on guys! Not sure when I'll be back and I'm working on riding in all 50 states (okay so I only have about 15 but that is a a start).

Free six pack of whatever the local IPA is to whoever can help! (Warning: six pack may come with a few empties).

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Check out Crater Cycles web site.
    2012 Salsa Horsethief

Yes, that's fonetic
    That's a non-daddy weekend for me. If it's not raining I'll be riding somewhere, but the weather's so fickle where I normally ride (Makawao Forest Reserve) it's impossible to plan a ride that far out. PM me a little closer and we'll work something out. There is a hostel in Kahului and Crater Cycles has bike rentals.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks guys, Crater looks like the way to go if I need a ride. Looked into Makawao, how much trail? Flowy? Technical? Will probably go the hostel route.