Sign Killa

Good job! Mahalo to The Bike Shop

Since we don't have a Kona dealer here on Kauai, I called up The Bike Shop to see if I could get a pivot kit for my abused Coil Air. Glenn an then Ian at the King St. location in Honolulu were both super helpful and ordered one up for me and then had it shipped out to Kauai. Stoked that they charged me a fair price too!

They did drop the ball on one leg of the shipping, but when I called to check in, Ian was apologetic and sent some poor scrub on a ride to the post office so that I'd have the kit by the weekend.

I imagine if they give this kind of service to a random neighbor island vagrant, that they'd be pretty cool to locals too.

mtbr member
    Hey thats great to hear. Great job THE BIKE SHOP taking care of the outer islands
    Respect the Aina....Aloha

mtbr member
    May 2009

That's why

I bought my 2010 Enduro from them too. The staff there are really helpful and not into pressuring you to buy something from them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Mahalo Bike Shop

Agreed, I wish I could tune my bike like those folks can, dang I can take apart and rebuild a 103 ft submersible but cannot tune my bikes for ****. Thanks everyone at the shop, yea my next bike likely will come from there.

Sign Killa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumper808
    cannot tune my bikes for ****.
    If you're talking about getting your shifting dialed, you can either dick around with it for hours until you stumble into something that shifts decently... or you can get a book or otherwise look up the proper procedure. It's pretty simple and dare I say, easy, once you know the steps.

signed,
    reformed stumbler

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    Any good wrenches on the island? Do I need to come back and open a shop? I am getting homesick
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.